bought dvd of the cruise!!

seabourndt

did you purchase PAL or NTSC, because you might to have to set your video to accept another format.

sorry, i didnt realise you said DVD not video but maybe the same applies , maybe you have to reset and reconfim the status of the external source

I had a faulty tape last year and rang the QE2 Photoshop on the Saturday I came back from my cruise and recieved a replacment in the post on Monday. Excellent service - no problem.

During the evolution of DVD players, discs were created using region codes. This was to try and stop people buying a film in (say) the U.S.A. and then giving it to somebody in Europe. The film companies wanted to maximise their sales.

This made it so that dvd players were sold in a region with their region code already set. Some could have region codes changed, but only up to a maximun of ten times.

Then, (surprise surprise) manufacturers produced 'all regions' dvd players.

When I create home dvd's, nearly everybody in the UK can read them, but people in France, Switzerland & Spain cannot read them on their old players - unless they get an 'All regions' player.

So, if you go out to buy a dvd player - check that it's an all regions player.

We originally had no intention of purchasing the DVD, however, when we watched it on the television in our cabin and saw not only ourselves but our table companions meeting the Commodore...well, what can I say?

I just checked the package and if you go to http://www.image.com there is a place where you can request a replacement. I recall that they advertised that the DVDs would be compatible with both PAL and NTSC. You probably have a defective disk.

same thing happened with my p&o dvd got email giving me their number. he said the website so it will be ok. don't mind getting them, though you are lucky to be in it. they7 showed the fim in the theatre should had filmed it on mu cam for nothingf?

dave

I loved the cruise and will take it again + recommend it to everyone.

However, the DVD is sooo bad, is more of advertising than anything else. Not only do I not recommend it; I recommend to not get it.

l bought a video on the QE2 cruise last year showing the highlights of the med cruise, included the ports of call, supposed to show the highlights, l can only imagine there wasnt enough space on the tape for when we passed the QM2 in the bay in rough seas, or even the airlifting of a crew member of by helicopter at sea, or even the views of QE2 during a rare overnighter in port, l guess the cameraman must have been busy else where, or heaven forbid it was footage taken on previous cruises and all lumped together??????

you would think after all this time, someone would be able to produce a professional video of this great ship, l do have a collection of tapes over various years and none l would say do the ship any justice.

Archived