Adding adults to sign in/out of Camp

KatieBug28

Hey all!

I am so sorry, I have asked a million questions since I found this forum, and I'll probably ask hundreds more. You guys are such a great info source!

I am wondering about adding extra adults to the list of who can sign my DDs in and out of Camp Carnival. Is there a limit to the number of people? Or can you have all the adults in your party on the list?

We are sailing with extended family, and would love to be able to have whoever happens to be going that way drop the girls off or pick them up. We'll have both grandmas, a grandpa, a great-grandma, an aunt... you get the picture, lots of caring adults.

Hey all!

I am so sorry, I have asked a million questions since I found this forum, and I'll probably ask hundreds more. You guys are such a great info source!

I am wondering about adding extra adults to the list of who can sign my DDs in and out of Camp Carnival. Is there a limit to the number of people? Or can you have all the adults in your party on the list?

We are sailing with extended family, and would love to be able to have whoever happens to be going that way drop the girls off or pick them up. We'll have both grandmas, a grandpa, a great-grandma, an aunt... you get the picture, lots of caring adults.

I added my parents to the form so they could sign our boys out. If you've paid the balance on your cruise the camp carnival paperwork should be in your documents and you can print it and fill it out and bring it with you. Saves time signing them up when you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jujibee

You can add people online when you do your online check-in. I had four other people listed for our daughter. It's much easier to do everything online than deal with the paperwork when you get there. I believe they have made some changes since last year. When we went last March, I was able to do most things online, but there were still a couple papers I had to print and turn in. This year, I did everything online, no paperwork at all.

Edited by Gdawgs

You can add people online when you do your online check-in. I had four other people listed for our daughter. It's much easier to do everything online than deal with the paperwork when you get there. I believe they have made some changes since last year. When we went last March, I was able to do most things online, but there were still a couple papers I had to print and turn in. This year, I did everything online, no paperwork at all.

Sweet! I didn't know that you could do it online. Back in Jan we still had to print it. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

there is space on the form for 4 names... for security/safety the person picking them up has to have the phone that they give you. You have to show them the phone every time you drop off too.

We have not found this to be the case with the phones though specific policies may be different over time or on different ships. When dropping off we often wouldn't know definitively who would be doing the pickup (true even when it's just the wife and I).

They would often ask if we had the phone (which I took as a more abstract "does *someone* have the phone if we need to call), but never made any allusion to this needing to be the person picking up the kids.

For the OP we've never used more than 4 (2x grandparents, aunt, uncle), so I'm afraid I can't answer that definitively. With the grandparents and the siblings with kids of similar ages all on the list for each of the kids I don't recall running into any scenarios where that was too limiting.

The most useful was the other parents so a single person could collect all the kids at once. I can't recall any situations when the grandparents actually did a solo drop-off or pick-up let alone more extended family, but I can understand why that may be desirable.

I was occasionally asked to show the phone when I took my daughter to CC. And just a thought, though it may be nice for everyone to have the ability to drop off/pick up, I could see the possibility of confusion arising about 'who got the kids?' For my peace of mind, only having a few adults on the list means fewer people to consult with is better than knowing they're with someone, somewhere on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies everyone! We successfully added my MIL and SIL on our last cruise, and it was really helpful. Hopefully we'll be able to add a few more this time.

I don't remember being asked for the phone when dropping off or picking up last time. Though they did ask if someone had it. They just wanted to be sure they could get in touch with someone if needed, but didn't seem to need to actually see the phone in person.

I love doing the paperwork online! So easy! One less thing to have to worry about once you get on board.