Lamanai Excursion

Katiern2008

Has anyone ever done the Lamanai excursion through Island Marketing, LTD.? We are traveling on Norwegian Sun on November 12, 2014 and we were going to take the excursion through the cruise line but it is so expensive and this is a much cheaper option. However, I am worried about using an outside company, especially with this being a 7 hour excursion and we're only in port for 9 hours.

I have not done it through a private operator, but with the cruise line. Because it is a long excursion, long bus ride and boat ride, I recommend doing it through the cruise line. The probability with this particular excursion of running late seems to be high. Our experience was fine, but I've heard horror stories of busses and boats breaking down.

Same here. We booked through the cruise line due to the time and distance factor. It's a great experience and I highly recommend it.

You might enjoy seeing some pictures. Below is a link to the slide show my wife made for her website with some of the pictures she took that day.

Lamanai Shore Excursion

Cruising is a great way to see the world!

We did the Lamanaia Ruins tour through Dave's Eco Tours and had great success in 2013! It does make for a long day but with Carnival you can purchase Faster To The Fun to guarantee you are one of the first off the ship which will help a great deal!

They want to make sure you get back to the ship on time because this is there livelihood.

We were back thirty minutes before the last tender to the ship.

pittypat

Time and distance is the key factors to why you might want to consider going through the ship. When we went with NCL we arrived just before the last tender was departing - they were waiting for us. Once we off-loaded we started to leave then the pilot boat rushed some others who missed the last tender because they were on a private tour. I would not want to get pictures of the ship leaving without me. I know that private excursions do their best to get back on time but the best laid plans sometimes fail. Piece of mind go the ship plus you will have priority tender departure.