Feeling Stalked

I personally had the same problem this year. My PVP, who took over for the one I had last year, called for about 3 days in a row! I finally told him that I would be online checking regularly, until I decided what ship and dates I wanted! I told him not to waste his time calling, that I would call him when I was ready! I have not received a call from him unless I called with a question or was ready to book! He has been Great though! Try that with yours!

They do NOT work on commission. Does that need to be repeated a few more times? :rolleyes:

My guy has also told me that they get a credit for each booking. Period. It makes no difference if I book a 3-night inside sailing or an 8-night suite. He gets one credit. They have no incentive to talk people into a more expensive cabin.

What your guy told you is only semi - true. That would be the part about the length of the sailing and the price of the cabin making no difference to his overall compensation.

Your PVP is not compensated by commission as defined as a percentage of the sale, but is most definitely compensated for each booking by an "incentive" earned for each booking made that can range on a sliding scale from about $30 -$50 for each cabin booked. The final amount of per booking incentive is determined by the final number of bookings made at the end of each month.

There are separate additional incentives for including trip insurance on the booking and further separate sliding scale incentives for booking cabins in higher categories (B,C,D,E,etc) vs Category A's, Portholes and Guarantees. There is no incentive for booking Air or Transfers.

Because of this, things like price drops do not affect PVP's compensation and good PVP's will take the time to work personally with you on price drops and changes to sailing dates.

Royal and NCL compensate their PVP equivalents with a percentage of the overall sale commission pay plan similar to that of Travel Agents that includes all of the above (except the B,C,D,E scale) including Air, Transfers, and in NCL's case Ultimate Dining, Beverage and All Inclusive packages.

Edited by AdGuyMG