Finally the Price Went Down!!! Allure 11/2/14 Cruise

robin13

So excited as the price finally went down more than $25 on the 11/2/14 Allure cruise. I have been tracking this cruise since June when the high price for a single inside was $2504. Yesterday morning the price was $1706 and then around 5pm the price dropped $315 to $1391 and I grabbed it!!! Thank goodness for those price alerts as I wouldn't have know about it without them. I also got OBC, bottle of wine, and dinner at a specialty restaurant. Oh and I got RT air from DFW for $215!! As my ex used to say I was rolling sevens. Now I am waiting for the price to go down again so I can get an upgrade.

Congrats on the price drop!

I booked a back to back on the Oasis for Feb. 21 and Feb. 28 and took a Central Park balcony at a higher price than I paid for a balcony on the Oasis last May. I watched the price, too, and it finally dropped. We saved over $600.00, but then upgraded to a balcony and saved slightly under $300.00. I will continue to watch the price, though! :)

So excited as the price finally went down more than $25 on the 11/2/14 Allure cruise. I have been tracking this cruise since June when the high price for a single inside was $2504. Yesterday morning the price was $1706 and then around 5pm the price dropped $315 to $1391 and I grabbed it!!! Thank goodness for those price alerts as I wouldn't have know about it without them. I also got OBC, bottle of wine, and dinner at a specialty restaurant. Oh and I got RT air from DFW for $215!! As my ex used to say I was rolling sevens. Now I am waiting for the price to go down again so I can get an upgrade.

I have a cruise booked for next April and check every so often for a price drop but haven't seen any yet. We have three rooms booked so it would be really nice for one. I need to start checking every day but just don't have the time. What is the price alert you mention above? Thanks!

Being an off season cruise, I would expect it to drop even further well into after the final payment date.

Going the week after Thanksgiving and have been booked since january and $649 is the lowest I've seen except for the TA coming up.

Even if it doesn't go lower I think the OP did well considering it's on the Allure.

Enjoy your cruise OP.

Bill

How did you get the bottle of wine and specialty restaurant included??

I have 2 rooms booked on the Oasis for Jan 3rd sailing. I booked those bc I really wanted adjoining cabins so I thought I should grab those while I could. I still need to book another room, interior for 2 ppl. The prices are remaining high as I have been watching them for months now. Does anyone know if the prices tend to go down closer to sailing on the bigger ships? I think they would in general due to having more cabins to fill

Yes, it was a TA perk that has three letters which are all the same. As for the alerts I am not supposed to say here on the boards but it does have fish in their name. And I think that this cruise will be going down some more but I am going with a group of people who booked last year and I wanted to be on their deck. There were only two inside cabins left on their deck so I grabbed the one closest to them. I am very happy with the price as it is the Allure and I am by myself in the cabin.

I have 2 rooms booked on the Oasis for Jan 3rd sailing. I booked those bc I really wanted adjoining cabins so I thought I should grab those while I could. I still need to book another room, interior for 2 ppl. The prices are remaining high as I have been watching them for months now. Does anyone know if the prices tend to go down closer to sailing on the bigger ships? I think they would in general due to having more cabins to fill

I have been following the prices from September to December and have the same thought process as you about the prices being lower to fill the cabins but like i said previously I haven't seen anything under $649 for an inside for any weeks.

My sister wants to go with us and is solo so she is looking for something reasonably priced. Haven't even seen a single supplement of less than 200% for any weeks either.

Just checked the last minute sailings listed for September and October on Allure and nothing less than $687.

Bill

I have been following the prices from September to December and have the same thought process as you about the prices being lower to fill the cabins but like i said previously I haven't seen anything under $649 for an inside for any weeks.

My sister wants to go with us and is solo so she is looking for something reasonably priced. Haven't even seen a single supplement of less than 200% for any weeks either.

Just checked the last minute sailings listed for September and October on Allure and nothing less than $687.

Bill

The days of the reduced single supplement seem to have vanished about the time they introduced double points for solos. I keep watching single pricing to see if I can grab a last-minute deal that would fit around my work schedule ... for the moment the scheduling is my biggest roadblock, but if it eases up, I want to be in a position to know what to expect price-wise.