Anyone's itinery change at last minute?

jane02

Hi,

We are due to get married in Santorini on Oct 10th. We are supposed to be in Kusadasi on Oct 9th but I believe that due to security problems we may have a change of itinery and we might not actually be in Santorini on Oct 10th .

Has this happened to anyone else? My anxiety levels are now going through the roof.:eek: :eek: We have planned our wedding with a private company in Santorini not RCCL suggested group(they were hopeless!)

Jane

Although we have not cruised that region (our dream, though!), we have had two itinerary changes out of six 7-night cruises.

• In 2000, we missed a port in the Caribbean due to high winds (it required tendering).
  • In 2001, a sea day was turned into a new port (if people were not active online, they were not aware since it was a "last minute" change).

The only other small changes we have had involved shortening times in port:

• HAL 2005 changed St Thomas from 8:00-12:00 midnight to 8:00-9:00 PM
  • HAL 2005 changed Tortola from 7:00-5:00 to 7:00-4:00 (then we actually arrived late, so we disembarked at 8:30, making the day even shorter) That affected our private shore excursion, but I was able to email from ship when I found out the change on embarkation day, and we practically ran the morning of after arriving late.

When planning our 2003 port wedding, we knew the risks, but made sure we would keep the coordinator abreast of any changes (she was not affiliated with the cruiseline). As soon as you know a change, communicate it promptly with your coordinator. I definitely understand the high anxiety levels that can come as a result of booking privately, which is exactly what we did. Hang in there!!

Archived