Motion Sickness and excursions

trapezelover

Hello

My fiancé really wants to do something in Belize. I get motion sickness pretty easily and all the excursions seem a fair distance away. Is there anything that's relatively close? The ruins are about an hour or more and the snorkeling tours say about 30-40 mins on a boat. I might be able to handle the boat but I'm not sure lol

Thanks!

Hi!

I suffer from motion sickness even when the ship is docked!

To avoid issues, I use Bonine (they have it on the ship but you can also purchase it in your local drugstore before you go). It's a chewable raspberry tablet that you take once a day. They recommend that you take it at least 4 hours prior to when you'll need it.

I have to take it before I get on an airplane as well so I chew one per day throughout the cruise. With it, I've never had an issue on any ship, ferry or bus ride.

Hope this helps!

:)

Sharon

We like "less drowsy" Dramamine. I usually buy the cvs store brand and start it with dinner the night before we cruise. We just take it the first couple of nights on the ship. By that time we're both acclimated and no longer need it.

I usually have trouble getting my land legs back so I start the Dramamine again the night before we disembark and continue it for a day or two after that as well. Good luck!

What I want to know, is why they always start dinner and leave the dock at the same time? Swaying glasses, and woosy people, sigh. That means you should start taking your pills a day or 2 before the cruise. I use to follow the 4 hr directions, and still get sick. It needs longer to build up in your system! That said, I think with pills, you should be fine for short rides on boats or buses. What always worries me is the tender! Some are much worse than the land transports. If I may suggest, take a little mp3 player loaded with music and a set of earphones. The music in your ears, will distract your stomach. Sympathetically....