Valor/Liberty swap, Seemingly Official Reply,....

ragen

I found this official reply over on the Official Carnival Facebook page, where somebody complained to them about the change,..:

<p>

"Carnival Cruise Lines - I'm sorry you're disappointed with the ship change. While I understand you were looking forward to the Fun Ship 2.0 features, The Carnival Valor is a terrific ship with a large number of balcony staterooms and a variety of other exciting features that we believe will be extremely popular on our five to eight-day program from Port Canaveral."

<p>

"The Carnival Valor will go into dry dock during the first quarter of 2016 and is scheduled to receive a number of FS 2.0 features which will be announced when finalized.":eek:

<p>

"- Mischelle Like · Reply · 3 hrs"

Edited by ragen

Boo, :mad: I paid for a 2.0 ship and now am paying almost a $1000.00 per person for a regular balcony room:eek:. Very disappointed. We have been on the Valor and like the ship but wish they would reduce the price accordingly for a ship that has yet to be upgraded. Not only for the 2.0 but just to be spruced up a bit and thoroughly cleaned. We are going with a group and I don't see everyone agreeing to canceling so we are stuck if we want to be with them. But if it weren't for that I would seriously consider re-booking on a better priced ship. But any day on a ship beats being at work. Got to make the best of it. On the other side of the coin, some people got an upgrade, good for them. wrong side of the coin I guess.

We were part of the group that was cancelled on 3/22 cruise out of San Juan on Valor. Kinda upset since this is twice now.😡 But we will rebook on Liberty probably, which has the 2.0 upgrades.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

Similar situation. Booked the Liberty with two other families specifically for the 2.0 upgrades and the itinerary with an extra sea day to enjoy the onboard activities and venues. Now we are switched to the base model older cousin. To make it worse, Carnival has yet to even notify us officially of the change. I say officially because they did update the information on our booking and notified us that our faster to the fun was cancelled due to a change in sail date even though our sail date didn't change. Upon calling, we are assured we will have a good time- which is likely true , but far from the point. It is like going to pick up a new car you ordered with options such as a rear camera, adaptive cruise control, park assist, lane departure warning, etc and when you get to the lot they give you the base model for the same price and assure you that the car will be nice and expect that you will be happy. :mad: