Question on Insignis cabin #6060

LadyCruisers

The only balcony cabin we were able to get for an upcoming cruise on Insignia was Cat B1 #6060 mid-deck port side. This is the category we wanted. However in looking at a side view of the ship from the outside, this cabin balcony structure seems to look slightly different - two thick beams on either side of the balcony rather than two balcony cabins side by side with a thin/normal divider wall and then one thick wall. I hope I've explained this in a way that makes sense. Has anybody stayed in #6060 on the R ships (imagine it is the same way on the starboard side) and can explain this or if anyone just happens to know what this is. It is also exactly the same with the cabin above it on deck seven. Thanks.

The only balcony cabin we were able to get for an upcoming cruise on Insignia was Cat B1 #6060 mid-deck port side. This is the category we wanted. However in looking at a side view of the ship from the outside, this cabin balcony structure seems to look slightly different - two thick beams on either side of the balcony rather than two balcony cabins side by side with a thin/normal divider wall and then one thick wall. I hope I've explained this in a way that makes sense. Has anybody stayed in #6060 on the R ships (imagine it is the same way on the starboard side) and can explain this or if anyone just happens to know what this is. It is also exactly the same with the cabin above it on deck seven. Thanks.

I commend you on your sharp eyes!

002323.jpg Cabin 6060 is 7 cabins aft of the stern-most lifeboat

002618.jpg

-and if you count 7 verandas back on deck 6 (the level of the Blue Line), the Veranda cutout is indeed a singleton.

If you were travelling with friends who were booked into one of the adjoining cabins, and wanted to open the door in the veranda divider, this might be a concern.

003647.jpg, otherwise the only difference would be that the veranda of 6060 will be quieter and more secluded than the average, because it has solid walls on either side, and there is no adjoining door.

Thanks so much for the pics and explanation on cabin 6060. We are traveling alone and love quiet and privacy. Recently on the Nautica in a balcony cabin on deck 6 about five cabins forward of aft and loved the location. We definitely utilized the balcony as our quiet little retreat. I was concerned that since it was so difficult to snag a balcony at all for this cruise that perhaps this was less than a desirable cabin. Again, thanks.

Barbara