A kinder, gentler Holland America Cruise Line forum

soccerpapi

Just like in real life, there are people on CC with whom I don't care to have a relationship. Not sure why that's sad. It is what it is: I nurture the relationships I want, and I don't have a lot of extra time to spend on ones that aren't good for me.

I have probably 6 or 7 people on my ignore list, and they are not necessarily there because they aren't kind and gentle. :) Having them on my ignore list probably stops me from not being kind and gentle.

My question is, why wouldn't everyone take advantage of the ignore feature? It's there for a reason.

I agree. The Ignore List is a wonderful feature of this forum. Think of it as the same as your wanting to switch tables in the MDR because of incompatible table mates. It's an option that works.

So theoretically, it's possible to miss posts that are both kind & gentle because they are on one's ignore list?

Yes, that's correct. CC does not have filters to distinguish between kind and unkind posts.

I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I do that manually. I'll just scroll past posts that annoy me. I usually try not to feed the trolls or poke the bears.