How far out can you have your PVP look for deals for you?

NOSaints1

We're looking at booking an 11 day cruise out of Baltimore in 2016, were looking at booking around Xmas time, but just wondering if it would be too early to have her look around. We at least want OBC, so would you tell her what you want like OBC and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since the sail date for that 11 day cruise has been released your PVP can book it for you at anytime.

To get OBC:

1)Book early saver and submit for price drops

2) Book another rate pay off cruise before final payment date and submit price drops

3) Book the cruise while on a cruise

4) Hope that Carnival has a sale that includes OBC. PVP can call you when it happens.

OBC is not something you PVP can "give" you.

I will tell you that in my experience the repo cruises and the longer cruises seem to have less price drops. I am not say they don't happen just don't seem to occur like some of my other cruises.

Book early for best selection of stateroom(s). Happy cruising.

What're the deposit amounts?

deposits are $250 a person. sometimes they have a deal for 50% off deposits. you just have to keep checking. the 50% deposits are nice when you make the booking but in the end you will owe more for final payment.

A lot of times when they offer deals they raise the price of the cruise. Also booking so far in advance there won't be a lot of deals. You get the obc from price drops

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not always true. My upcoming cruise was booked 15 months out, the furthest out to date for us, with $50 deposits, free upgrades and picked exact cabin we wanted for a price that I haven't been able to beat since. So no OBC for us this time.

What're the deposit amounts?

Our 12 day Freedom repo cruise was $400 per person deposit.

Yes as posted above there are sometimes deals for $50 deposit. Not that big a deal to me as it doesn't change the total price. I always keep a cruise fund savings account. If I can't afford the deposit I know I can't afford the cruise. Not flaming anyone finances. That's just what works for me.

You do need to understand the restrictions on the $50 deposit. If you price match to another fare to get reduction in price then you forfeit the 50 deposit and must make up the difference immediately. If you fail to do so your booking is canceled. I have read time and time again here on CC about this exact situation.

A lot of times when they offer deals they raise the price of the cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If a Carnival special promotion is offering something like $50, $100 or $200 OBC they don't raise the prices. They just suspend or don't offer discount promotions like like Early Saver during the OBC promotion window. Early Saver offers prices at savings of 20 -30% off Funselect Rates. So the fine print will say OBC offers are combined with FunSelect. Not Early Saver.

So for example lets say you looked today at a Lido Balcony cabin on a Freedom 8 day sailing and it is priced Early Saver at a rate of $899 per person and Funselect at $999. Come Tuesday, if Carnival ran a free OBC promotion, the same cabin would probably be priced at $999 + $200 OBC.

In this case, Early Saver would be the overall better deal.

Last week I booked an inside Boardwalk balcony on the RCL Oasis using their BOGOHO buy 1 get 1 half off promotion. The price for the 2nd person was only $899. And the 1st person price was $1349. That averaged to $1124 per person. The price the week before was $1124 per person.

Edited by AdGuyMG

We're looking at booking an 11 day cruise out of Baltimore in 2016, were looking at booking around Xmas time, but just wondering if it would be too early to have her look around. We at least want OBC, so would you tell her what you want like OBC and stuff

I would be surprised if you get any OBC for a repo cruise. Usually they sell very quickly and prices go up, not down. The March 2015 14 day repo cruise from tampa to Baltimore went up 400.00 per person within the first month or so after it was announced and is now about 500 per person more. I was glad we booked ours two weeks after it was offered as it would cost us 1,000 dollars more for the two of us, booking it today.