White dinner Jacket - Panama Canal in Jan?

tumeroll

Gentlemen - An Answer please. I have searched all manner of places for the correct answer and I get the Caribbean answer that White is okay year round but on the QE2 NYC to LA in January, I would not want to be incorrect with a dinner jacket in winter time as years ago white left us on Labot day and did not return until Memorial Day here in the States.

Loking forward to a correct QE2 answer.

Thank you

I can't cite an authority, but I was told that white dinner jackets are always acceptable in the Tropics.

I would agree with Michael - you are sailing on a British ship, in the Tropics, so I wouldn't let the 'no white after Labor day' 'rule' worry you.

Peter

"appectable"

Huh? :confused:

I am so sorry! :rolleyes: Sometimes, the fingers move faster than the mind thinks, especially when being yelled at "Come on, let's go! When are you going to log off?"

And something I have often noticed both at work and at home.....I simply type and hope that spell-check catches it. Many in my generation, who learned on word processors, are guilty of this, and I know it's just a form of carelessness. :o

I will be on the 2006 World cruise and will be wearing a white jacket after Ft Lauderdale. If in doubt you can always take a peek at what the officers are wearing as they wear tropical kit when appropriate.

Archived