Icy Strait Point - Tribal Dance

QuiGonJohn

We start our Alaska Cruise, on Norwegian Sun, next Monday, 9/8. We will be in port at Icy Strait Point on Wednesday 9/10.

Does anyone know if it is possible to just see the Tribal Dance show? All I can find on NCL's excursion's, for this port call, have it bundled with either Hoonah Tour or Forest Tram Tour, neither of which I want to take. You would think one could just get tickets to the show when at the Icy Strait Point facility. I'd imagine they have several shows throughout the day.

Thanks.

We tendered here last week on the Radiance. When you get to the port there is an information kiosk there where you can buy tickets for the shuttle bus and tours etc. next to it was a wooden building which said Tribal Dance with 3 times spread through out the day. I would assume you would be able to book seats when you arrive.

Thanks. I tried to find more info on the Icy Strait Point website, times, ticket prices, etc. but could not find anything. We really want to see the show, but not interested in either of the 2 bundle packages they offer.

Edited by QuiGonJohn

You need to understand that Icy Strait is a port that was created by & for the cruise lines. If you don't buy a bundled tour then you'll probably just have to take your chances at buying a ticket when you get to the kiosk.

Thanks all. From the responses I think I might have figured out what is going on. See, way back, when I first looked at the NCL Excursions, they did have the Tribal Dance by itself. When we were ready to book our excursions, a few months ago, that had disappeared and only the 2 bundled tours were there. I think they're trying to force folks into buying the more expensive bundled tour. Obviously, if seats are available for those, then there are still open seats for the show. When the actual day comes, I'm sure they'll sell any open seats to anyone who wants to go to the show. It's that or make less profit and have more empty seats.

I will try to get tickets once we arrive at the information kiosk. First choice, any available show. If they have tickets to all shows, then we'll pick the time that works best for us.

Does anyone know if it is possible to just see the Tribal Dance show? All I can find on NCL's excursion's, for this port call, have it bundled with either Hoonah Tour or Forest Tram Tour, neither of which I want to take. You would think one could just get tickets to the show when at the Icy Strait Point facility. I'd imagine they have several shows throughout the day.
According to their website, you can book the 1 hour tribal dance show called Tribal Dance and Cultural Legends but they want you to book it through your cruise ship if you buy the tickets in advance.

Here is a link to it: Icy Strait Point

I noticed that there is a link to Norwegian Cruise Lines, but as you say, that Tribal Dance option does not show up on NCL's list of shore excursions for Icy Strait Point.

However, whenever we have been there, tickets for the show were always available to purchase right there at Icy Strait Point.

So you should be able to get them when you are there, if the show is being offered that day.

Some of the dancers were even out on the dock dressed in their traditional native garb to greet us when our ship arrived, chanting and pounding drums to promote the show.

Still it seems strange that it is not listed as a shore excursion on the NCL site, the way it is on the Holland America site, for example, although I did not see a price for it there.

Tribal Dance & Cultural Legends- Holland America Line

Varoo, then it is strange. As I said before, about 9 months ago it was listed. But we weren't really ready to book excursions until about 3 months ago, and by that time, only the bundled ones were listed.

Sounds like I should be fine getting them once we hit the beach.

• 10 months later...