NCL newbie Breakaway cabin ?'s

reno3

New to NCL. I have booked the Breakaway for May 17th. I have cabin 12180 booked, which is a "bump" cabin. There have been a couple of price reductions ($300.00 total). So do I keep my "bump" or go with a B6 cabin 9130 (family balcony) which will cost me my original cruise price. I don't know if we will utilize the balcony enough in May to go with the larger balcony. Another option is to hopefully get on board early enough and spend the money on the Vibe for three adults. Also, can you put a lounger on the bump balcony? I know the family balcony is large enough for a lounger...will they put one there if you ask? I'm open for other options on how to use the $300.00 winfall for something else I am not thinking of on board. There are three of us, all adults.

New to NCL. I have booked the Breakaway for May 17th. I have cabin 12180 booked, which is a "bump" cabin. There have been a couple of price reductions ($300.00 total). So do I keep my "bump" or go with a B6 cabin 9130 (family balcony) which will cost me my original cruise price. I don't know if we will utilize the balcony enough in May to go with the larger balcony. Another option is to hopefully get on board early enough and spend the money on the Vibe for three adults. Also, can you put a lounger on the bump balcony? I know the family balcony is large enough for a lounger...will they put one there if you ask? I'm open for other options on how to use the $300.00 winfall for something else I am not thinking of on board. There are three of us, all adults.

Cabin 9130 is a B6, which is a Large Balcony, not a Family Balcony. (A Family Balcony is a different category - don't get them confused.)

My B6 was next to a slant balcony, and from what I could see, a lounger would probably not be able to fit. However, it's still a spacious balcony. With that said, I wouldn't give up the $300 for the B6. I'd say keep the slant balcony and purchase the Ultimate Dining Package with the extra money. :)

Have you seen this noise?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

You are in a tough decision area.

In 12180 your bumpout angle balcony is facing forward. I like that. :)

In 12180 you are more centered on the vessel.

9130 is a bit more forward. Wrong.... 9130 is a lot more forward. But, that veranda.... is soo much larger.

The question is have you sailed before? Have you sailed the NCL BA Class?

If not you will spend little time in said cabin, therefore the extended balcony is moot.

Are you sailing with other pax/family? Ages, etc, may play a role.

Stick with your angled forward facing B2 assignment. IMO

It's up to you. Book. move, upgrade to a cabin you are comfortable with.

You have choices. Embrace them, given the limitations , decide, then sail away.

Point is make a decision and embrace it. No worries afterward. Never look back.

Enjoy :)

Cabin 9130 is a B6, which is a Large Balcony, not a Family Balcony. (A Family Balcony is a different category - don't get them confused.)

My B6 was next to a slant balcony, and from what I could see, a lounger would probably not be able to fit. However, it's still a spacious balcony. With that said, I wouldn't give up the $300 for the B6. I'd say keep the slant balcony and purchase the Ultimate Dining Package with the extra money. :)

.....keep the "bump" and use the extra money for Vibe, Specialty Restaurants, Carlo's Bake Shop, etc.

:)

wasiii