When did you reach VIFP Red, Gold, Platinum & Diamond?

We made Plantinum the old way with 10 cruises. Now I am pushing Diamond

My husband and special needs sister also made Plantinum with 10 cruises. Sis only has around 80 days with 18 cruises. She will most likely never see Diamond does she care no, she just enjoys going on vacation.

DH has 17 cruises with only 125 days cruises. Will he see Diamond probably not unless he and I take longer or b2b cruises.

If not for taking my special needs sister on cruises I would not have the days I have, I am very blessed to have a understanding DH who lets me take my sister on cruises, sometimes he comes with us. I will be Diamond as soon as I book another cruise.

Diamond and Plantinum are overrated with FTTF you pay a few bucks for what we paid thousand of $$ for. Only plus is we get laundry, that is something that works well for my sister and me.

Yes, I understand this! I will keep cruising whether this program continues or not. It's just a bonus to me. I wish I was addicted to cruising back when it was the 10 cruise program :). The main perks I would like is the priority embark/debarkation & laundry.

I believe I turned Gold last year on the Victory. I "technically" have done 10 cruises but missed the deadline to turn Platinum under the old system. I have 48 days at sea so I will need another 25 days to turn Platinum under the new program. It will take me a little longer but I'll get there someday!:p

I lucked out and made 10 cruises before they changed over to days. I've got 13 cruises, going on 14 and 60 days, which means if I hadn't made it, I'd still have 15 days to get to platinum. My parents are further behind, because they didn't get to 10 cruises in time (several of mine were solos). They figure that as long as one of us is platinum they can piggy back on my perks!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Edited by ccruisequeen

I don't think he was being rude. I think he meant carnival changes thing so often that platinum might have a whole new criteria by the time you get close.

This. They probably will change it before I get to platinum as well.

For me- I was originally gold on my second and third cruises (old system). Then they changed the criteria so I would have been red, but turning gold on the cruise (so I got to be gold still). DH was gold for his second cruise then red for his third. He will be turning gold again for his fourth. I have a long way to go to platinum. I will have 31 days at the end of this cruise. DH will have 26 days so he has even longer to go. Plus, I am not sure I will give Carnival all of my business so it may be a long time for me.

Bottom line is, I would not worry too much about the loyalty program, because : 1. they will probably change it anyway and 2. you may not want to lock yourself into one cruise line to the point where you don't look at another.

This will be my third gold cruise, but I started cruising 10 years ago. Took a long time between the first and second one! Took the first one with a friend and she's going with us for the first time again this year! (54 days, to be exact!) :p

Took me FOREVER to convince DH to go for his first one. Something like 27 years. But guess what - he loves it now! (hehe, knew he would! :D ) And he suffered the humiliation of being gold for one cruise and demoted to red for the next but he makes gold again this year! That was pretty crappy of Carnival when they changed the rules, everyone should have maintained their current status regardless of what they changed the new rules to - I still have the all the S&S cards!

Platinum, maybe I'll make it, I don't know. Health and the ability of both of us to remain gainfully employed as we age will factor into that a bit, I'm sure. Diamond - probably not in my lifetime. :(

Edited by vamartha

was 25 cruzes in by Nov '09....made me Plat in a hurry, and 1st Milestone before Diamond level was invented,2 yrs ago..I was already past 200 days+...Now....almost double Diamond, and a year at sea with just Carnival......several more lines/cruzes in the mix.totaling 87 ...and over 2 years at sea. Life is gooooooooooooooood!...Several TA's, and many B2B's. made it quick and OOOh, soooo painless..next 19 days!! WooHoo

Edited by luckycruzer

I'm curious when others reached these. We are currently on red level, working towards gold. I'm wondering how long it will take us to reach platinum. It seems like the jump from 25 to 75 will take forever. We will probably only be able to go on 1 cruise a year. I would love to do more if money allows though :)

We were platinum before the program was even launched between '04 and '05.