Diamond 8/2 Istanbul - Athens

Captainmac,

My Hubby and I will be on the Black Sea cruise, we are going to Istanbul early, but leaving Athens as soon as we get in, to avoid the Olympic traffic. This will be our 3rd RSSC cruise, I think you will love the cruise line. See you on the Diamond!

Carolyn

Our original intent was to leave Athens immediately after the cruise, but Radisson could not arrange a flight out for us. Their first response was that we would have to find a room on our own (hah! given the Olympics), and that they would be unable to provide us with any transfers, but with a little prompting (very little prompting), they will transfer us from the port to a hotel, put us up, and then transfer us to the airport the following morning.

We will be in Istanbul from the 25th, visiting friends and sightseeing. We are very excited about the trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Carole & Marty,

We are "neighbors" from Princeton Junction. We are sailing on the Diamond the week after you (8/9). We've sailed many times before but not on RSSC. I am trying to find out how most dress for dinner on non-formal nights. Please le me know what your experience has been. Thanks and have a terrific trip. Joanne

Hi Joanne,

I called Radisson to ask about the 8/2 cruise. On this cruise there will be one formal night (8/3) and one informal night (8/6). All other nights will be "country club casual." On the informal night a sport jacket for men and dressy pants or sundress for women will be fine. On the other 5 nights, neat casual is appropriate. A collared shirt for men, dress slacks, etc....comfort and casual elegance.

Marty

Archived