Prices 10 years ago?

Have started watching 'Cruise With Stelios' each morning filmed when he started his no frills 'Easy Cruise' back in 2004/2005.

His price - not inclusive of any flights, food or drink - is said to be 30-50 Pounds per person per night.

Just wondering what a Thomson cruise would have cost back then?

Edited by campolady

Have started watching 'Cruise With Stelios' each morning filmed when he started his no frills 'Easy Cruise' back in 2004/2005.

His price - not inclusive of any flights, food or drink - is said to be 30-50 Pounds per person per night.

Just wondering what a Thomson cruise would have cost back then?

I don't know about Thompson but we use Airtours between 1995 and 2003 or thereabouts. The prices for a European flycruise were not dissimilar to the prices now. We did 2 week Caribbean fly cruises on 3 occasions and recall they cost about £1200.

We went on Easycruise once from Athens around 2008, it cost us £98 each for a 7 night cruise. The cabin was basic but ok and all food and drink had to be purchased. The itinerary usually meant dock around midday and leaving in the early hours so most food was bought on land. I would do it again tomorrow and pay 3 times that price. btw the flights to Athens were about £150 each.

Which channel is the programme on?

I don't know about Thompson but we use Airtours between 1995 and 2003 or thereabouts. The prices for a European flycruise were not dissimilar to the prices now. We did 2 week Caribbean fly cruises on 3 occasions and recall they cost about £1200.

We went on Easycruise once from Athens around 2008, it cost us £98 each for a 7 night cruise. The cabin was basic but ok and all food and drink had to be purchased. The itinerary usually meant dock around midday and leaving in the early hours so most food was bought on land. I would do it again tomorrow and pay 3 times that price. btw the flights to Athens were about £150 each.

Which channel is the programme on?

Thanks Somerset Cruiser.

The programme is on Sky LivingIt at 7 a.m. UK time then an hour later on plus one.

I keep a record of price/night for all the cruises we've done. :o It doesn't affect our decisions about which to do but I did it the very first cruise we took and have done it ever since - it's quite interesting to compare. :rolleyes:

I correct for up-grades so that I am taking the basic inside cabin price so that it's comparing like for like each time.

Our first cruise was on Celebration in 2005 to the Fjords and was £79/nt. Later that year we did a Baltics cruise which was £55/nt (this was a late deal and these cruises often have really good prices near to departure, of course there is no flight element either and two week cruises are often a better price/night than a one week cruise.)

In 2006 we did a two week Med cruise on Spirit which was £88/nt.

Makes for very interesting comparisons!