What to pack QM2 Splendours of the fall

PAULNJILL

We are on QM2 Splendours of the Fall in Sept 05 and are getting conflicting information as to the weather conditions to expect and what to pack / wear on days at sea and days ashore.

Can anyone advise please

Paulnjill

My daughter went to NY for her 21st birthday last year the week after the 1st Oct with her father and she was wearing T Shirts. I would imagine that the weather will get cooler for the further north we shall be going. My daughter has it sussed. She is taking layers!!!!!!! I just hope we have enough room in the wardrobes for all our clothes!!!!!!!

Elaine

We are on QM2 Splendours of the Fall in Sept 05 and are getting conflicting information as to the weather conditions to expect and what to pack / wear on days at sea and days ashore.

Can anyone advise please

BTW see you are on Arcadia July 2006. We are on Arcadia for the Canaries cruise in July 2006. Which one are you on??

Elaine

Elaine

we are on 2nd July sailing from Southampton r u on this one ?

We must just keep missing each other!! I have just replied to the roll call message. We are on the 2nd July too!! Looking forward to it too!! Have you been on P & O before??

Elaine

Paul was on the Canberra (P&O) but not Jill , we have done all other cruises together ie 3 Princess cruises have the QM2 and Arcadia to come, see our other messages on the roll call for a general chat !

Still unsure on the clothes to take for the QM2 though ?

Paul was on the Canberra (P&O) but not Jill , we have done all other cruises together ie 3 Princess cruises have the QM2 and Arcadia to come, see our other messages on the roll call for a general chat !

Still unsure on the clothes to take for the QM2 though ?

Paul....My husband, who is a native New Yorker, said it would be "cool"...not quite sure what that means!...but I can't imagine that it would be "cold"? Being a "So Cal girl" I'm not very good at "cold" (for me, that is anything below 60) but I think the idea of "layers" is a good one....

Paul....My husband, who is a native New Yorker, said it would be "cool"...not quite sure what that means!...but I can't imagine that it would be "cold"? Being a "So Cal girl" I'm not very good at "cold" (for me, that is anything below 60) but I think the idea of "layers" is a good one....

I am going to pack a variety of clothes because I am so unsure (as I have said my daughter was in NY first week in October last year and she was able to wear T shirts)!! You just wouldn't wear T Shirts in October here in the UK so it's very difficult for us to even contemplate what to expect. But this is the splendours of the falls that we are doing and I am assuming that the leaves will be on the turn and falling off the trees, so presume that the temperatures will be lowering each day!! PaulnJill take a look at www.weather.com and search for some of the places we are going. I think they have a past history section where you can see what past temperatures have been around the time we are going. I should imagine it would be rather cool up say in Nova Scotia. I will post a message on another board to ask if anyone from last year can give some idea of what the weather was like!!

Elaine

Halifax may be warmer than NYC as the Gulf Stream keeps it moderate (we were there in late Sept and it was in the 80's but only 71 the day before in NYC), but Quebec City should not be higher than the 70's day time. At sea it can get very chilly.

Jeanne

Archived