Booking Future Cruises when CA Status Will Change

66vette

We will be Emerald with our cruise ending this November and Diamond with our cruise ending with October of next year. I am hesitant booking another cruise for the winter of 2016 because of not being able to enjoy obtaining my Diamond discounts since I believe Royal's new policy of rebooking the cruise at the then current rate will increase my total cost. Since we usually book Balcony or greater the Diamond discounts would be beneficial. Am I incorrect with my assumptions.

We will be Emerald with our cruise ending this November and Diamond with our cruise ending with October of next year. I am hesitant booking another cruise for the winter of 2016 because of not being able to enjoy obtaining my Diamond discounts since I believe Royal's new policy of rebooking the cruise at the then current rate will increase my total cost. Since we usually book Balcony or greater the Diamond discounts would be beneficial. Am I incorrect with my assumptions.

You can book your cruises with the Emerald discount now. When you change to Diamond level, your cruises will not be automatically re-priced. You can check the prices of the cruises you booked and determine if asking for the higher Diamond balcony discount will result in a higher total price than you have with the Emerald discount.

The reservation would be repriced if you had an Emerald discount applied and called to have it updated after changing tiers. If the original price code is available no worries; however, if it is not it will reprice to prevailing rates. The system is designed this way. I would special fare this reservation to give you the extra discount and most others would as well.

Depends on whether you think the price is likely to increase more in between than the change in your balcony discount level.

I would book now with your Emerald discount and then when you get the Diamond level see whether it makes sense to reprice and apply it or not.

Not happy with this change either, just went from Platinum to Emerald and its not worth the reprice on any of my future cruises :(

The reservation would be repriced if you had an Emerald discount applied and called to have it updated after changing tiers. If the original price code is available no worries; however, if it is not it will reprice to prevailing rates. The system is designed this way. I would special fare this reservation to give you the extra discount and most others would as well.

Please clarify when you say you would special fare this reservation.