Carnival group questions.

morgan3656

Ok anyone have experience putting together a group on carnival? I'm getting married on the ship and have a group set up with about 10 rooms in it as of now, plus an additional couple of rooms that would have cost more to be in the group (which I still don't understand why) so they are connected to our group but not in it. As of now we have $238 that will be going towards our room cost for being the group leader. My question is how do they determine how much you get to pay for your room? I would think that with as many rooms as we have plus we are getting married on the ship with approx 100 guests we would be getting more than that. We also still have a few more rooms that still haven't booked yet. I understand the amenity points and that is great but I'm trying to get my suite paid for lol

You may want to also post this on the Carnival boards. I know a few couples have done group bookings, but many of us had our guests book at their leisure with a rate they were comfortable. You might get a more clarifying answer on the other board because of the number of group booking that CC groups do.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I just called Carnival about group bookings...no one ever metioned to us that we should book as a group even though I'll have close to 20 rooms when all is said and done. Apparently there are perks to booking as a group. Do you know the fundementals on that? Is it by dollar of volume of rooms?

Minimum of 8 rooms has to be booked for group. You get amenity points to be used on the cruise for each room. We are getting 4 points for our cruise and every room in our booking gets a bottle of wine delivered to their room, $25 onboard credit and everyone gets to attend a one hour open bar cocktail party.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Minimum of 8 rooms has to be booked for group. You get amenity points to be used on the cruise for each room. We are getting 4 points for our cruise and every room in our booking gets a bottle of wine delivered to their room, $25 onboard credit and everyone gets to attend a one hour open bar cocktail party.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Some off-peak cruises only require 5 cabins to make an official group. It is possible to get other rates, but not all support the amenities. If needed, more points can be purchased.