QM2 Spa Question

We2Cruzers

Hi there, for those of you who have been in the spa lately - are the steam rooms, and saunas working? Last time I was onboard one or the other was out of order and they needed to order parts. Any changes to the relaxation lounge in the last couple of years?

Love to spend time in the spa but want to keep my expectations realistic. :) Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there, for those of you who have been in the spa lately - are the steam rooms, and saunas working? Last time I was onboard one or the other was out of order and they needed to order parts. Any changes to the relaxation lounge in the last couple of years?

Love to spend time in the spa but want to keep my expectations realistic. :) Thanks!

I'd like to know too, thinking of booking November TA and couldn't do it without the thermal suite. Anyone been on recently?

Just returned from my trip and did use the spa, and enjoyed my time there whenever possible. I can say that the steam rooms and sauna were in working order. However, one of the pieces (not sure what it's called) that is used to fill with bubbling water to massage feet was broken but got repaired during the trip. And one day something happened to the thermal pool and could not be used for several hours. Also, the ladies locker area had one shower out of service for the entire voyage. And as a caution to the ladies who do shower off in the spa, they now have only one hair dryer, so it may be prudent to bring your own with you. However, for the most part, I never had a problem, and as I said I enjoyed using the spa whilst onboard.

We used the Canyon Ranch spa everyday on the 8 day eastbound TA in August and the 7 day westbound in September. We love the spa but it simply is not up to the standards that over the years, most of us have come to expect and deserve. Just a lot of the details are being ignored and not addressed. One example; the entire EB trip and half of the WB -- the aroma therapy steam room had no "aroma" -- or more correctly the aroma of "stale". EVERYDAY the staff assured everyone that it would be fixed that day which was just a method of putting us off. A small amount of repair, attention to detail, and staff training will put this all right. We can then once again enjoy the Canyon Ranch Spa for the wonderful experience that it is - or can be.

Apologies for a slightly off topic question, but you all seem like highly experienced cruisers and spa-goers.

How do you go about getting a pass to use the thermal spa pool etc.? I was hoping to use it at least a little but cannot find the option to purchase a pass on the personalizer.

Any help or direction you could provide would be sincerely appreciated.

thank you!

Apologies for a slightly off topic question, but you all seem like highly experienced cruisers and spa-goers.

How do you go about getting a pass to use the thermal spa pool etc.? I was hoping to use it at least a little but cannot find the option to purchase a pass on the personalizer.

thank you!

You go to the Spa reception on deck 7 forward, once on board, and buy it.

thank you!

I think the rate was $40 fora one-day spa pass and $75 for a three-day spa pass.

We used the Canyon Ranch spa everyday on the 8 day eastbound TA in August and the 7 day westbound in September. We love the spa but it simply is not up to the standards that over the years, most of us have come to expect and deserve. Just a lot of the details are being ignored and not addressed. One example; the entire EB trip and half of the WB -- the aroma therapy steam room had no "aroma" -- or more correctly the aroma of "stale". EVERYDAY the staff assured everyone that it would be fixed that day which was just a method of putting us off. A small amount of repair, attention to detail, and staff training will put this all right. We can then once again enjoy the Canyon Ranch Spa for the wonderful experience that it is - or can be.

Same thing happened to us August 2013. The steam room started off with an aroma but was never topped up. Mentioned it to reception and they said they would sort it but never did.

It is true - the Canyon Ranch spa isn't up to the standard it was when we sailed on the QM2 originally. And when I mentioned things (such as the lack of hair dryers) to one of the staff members she said it was due to cut backs by the new manager. When I asked to speak to the spa manager to address this and something else, I was told she wasnt avaiable, and also that it is Cunard management that is responsible. As I was there to relax and enjoy myself I never did go further. I still enjoyed the use of the spa, particularly the thermal pool....don't have one of those at home ;).

And to the poster who asked about rates - we bought a seven day pass for $105.00. Don't know if they change the rates depending on the voyage though.