Getting to and from Love Beach, Nassau... Scubagirrrl... Anyone???

tigerlilly878

Okay so we will be coming into Nassau next month and really want a decent snorkeling adventure since I won't be able to dive this trip. Here are the problems I am running into and my possible solutions, if anyone has good input I am all ears.

Problems:

1) Disney is getting in at 9:30 departing at 5:45 leaving out the cool snorkeling tours from Stuarts Cove I wanted to do.

2) The tours that the ship has leave me feeling underwhelmed and I don't feel like spending that much money to go to one location and be disappointed...

Solutions:

1) Walk to Jankanoo Beach with snorkel gear just to enjoy the area, food and toodle around in the water, knowing we won't see much of anything (but I won't be disappointed because it is free)

2) Try to get to Love Beach and back. I see that it may not be too hard to get a Jitney Driver to take us to Nirvana Beach Cafe for an extra tip.... but how to get back? I know that there is a Jitney stop outside of the Compass resort but do they really show up there for pick ups with any regularity?? If they are hesitant to do frop off's I don't know why they would do pick ups.. Orrr has anyone offered a nice tip if the Jitney driver will come back for you at a certain time?? Our other option is after our day at Nirvana is to have the owners call a cab for us for about $25 I think...

Would love to hear from anyone with experience getting to and from Nirvana Beach Cafe

Edited by tigerlilly878

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's a bit risky in a time crunch. You should be able to find a #10 bus that will drop you off. Ask before boarding.

I think the fare is $2 or $2.50 pp.

Coming home, you'll need to call a cab far in advance. (if Nirvana isn't open, then walk to Compass Point nearby.) It may take 30 minutes or more to come get you, and during rush hour, it could take an hour or more to get back to downtown. (This is the same for jitneys caught in rush hour traffic.

Cab will cost you $32 for 1 or 2 ppl. $3 for ea. additional person. Give yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Thanks. What about safety being that far out? How would it compare to Traveller's Rest. We felt very safe doing the jitney there and back around three years ago. Of course that would not be a beach day, but beautiful nonetheless!

Thanks. What about safety being that far out? How would it compare to Traveller's Rest. We felt very safe doing the jitney there and back around three years ago. Of course that would not be a beach day, but beautiful nonetheless!

Things have changed significantly from 3 years ago, but the jitney is still a pretty safe bet.

The bigger concern is being on an out of the way beach. If nivana isn't open (and it has odd times and openings), you may be alone on a beach.. which I don't recommend.

These days, I'm afraid, I don't recommend going off the beaten path. At all.