Aqua Class Cabins on Summit

FoodieSailor

We are just recently off the Millennium. We booked AquaClass Deck 9 (A2). If I had to do it all over again I would book Deck 11( A1). But then again I probably won't do AquaClass again. The cabins on Deck 9 were adequate but not nearly as nice as a 2C on the S class ships. We weren't overly impressed with the Blu restaurant either. Maybe it's just the difference between the M class and the S class ships.

Take it you have sailed S-Class before... Curious as to what category

We have done Concierge now on both M & S Classes (Solstice & Summit)

We have our first Aqua booked on The Constellation in December... And I am a tad worried about Blu vs the MDR

Many tell me here not to worry... That we will love Blu

But it does seem to me that either one is a BIG FAN of Aqua Class & Blu... Or they are not. Doesn't seem to be any undecided or middle ground people.

So would love to hear your POV

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Sloop we have eaten far more in Blu than MDR. The concept, look and feel of Blu is what draws us. It used to be the menu. Now it is the menu sometimes.

There have been some cuts in staff there, so it is more like a specialty resturant light rather than dining in specialty each evening. Or this was our experience in April. Where before most evenings were A pluses, now when an evening fails it is more like a C, and we leave wondering what we missed elsewhere.

What rarely disappoints is Blu for breakfast. Unless you love having breakfast in cabin, you will enjoy Blu in the morning. Or we always do. In fact we have yet to do the elite breakfast and will opt for Blu, especially now that Elite breakfasts seems to disappoint so many people.

If you like game fowl and duck it's a good menu. My husband is rather picky and he likes the menu for its exotic offerings. I now listen very closely to what the waiters recommend. Where before I might like what they did not suggest, now I know to stay away from it. For this to work, your waiter must know you.

Have never been on an M class, and won't be until Dec. if you do the upgrade, you can dine in either and Blu for breakfast, but no aft, no spa, and a not a newer cabin. We are also in upgrade delimma, but not so much for resturant but space and upgrade costs. Also the decision to not do an S2.

Edited by hulamoon

Take it you have sailed S-Class before... Curious as to what category

We have done Concierge now on both M & S Classes (Solstice & Summit)

We have our first Aqua booked on The Constellation in December... And I am a tad worried about Blu vs the MDR

Many tell me here not to worry... That we will love Blu

But it does seem to me that either one is a BIG FAN of Aqua Class & Blu... Or they are not. Doesn't seem to be any undecided or middle ground people.

So would love to hear your POV

Cheers!

We did the S class Equinox this past June. We were in cat 2C. #6159. Lovely stateroom with partially obstructed view. Lots of storage space and a large bathroom compared to M class.

We sailed in September on the Millennium. We booked Aquaclass because it was a reasonable price and we thought it would be a good chance to try it out. The cruise was Transpacific Vancouver BC to Tokyo/Yokohama. It was a great cruise with many sea days. Maybe Aquaclass on the S class ships would be worth the price, but I don't think it was worth it on the M class. We were a party of 4 people and we all felt the same way. Personally I thought the food in the main dining room on the Equinox was better than the food in the Blu on Millennium. Service was about the same. And forget breakfast in the Blu. Service was slow, omelets were cold and I always had to ask for more coffee. IMO I would save the money and use it for the specialty restaurants. We enjoyed the Olympic and Qsine.

There have been a few reports of resturant disappointment across all resturants since April when we were last on board.

There are a few silver linings here and there, but as much as I read the threads, I have not seen consistency. Not the way it once was.

The is the first time I have read about disappointing Blu breakfast and I am sorry you folks had that experience.

Sloop you may remember the 11th floor has new cabins.

We did the S class Equinox this past June. We were in cat 2C. #6159. Lovely stateroom with partially obstructed view. Lots of storage space and a large bathroom compared to M class.

We sailed in September on the Millennium. We booked Aquaclass because it was a reasonable price and we thought it would be a good chance to try it out. The cruise was Transpacific Vancouver BC to Tokyo/Yokohama. It was a great cruise with many sea days. Maybe Aquaclass on the S class ships would be worth the price, but I don't think it was worth it on the M class. We were a party of 4 people and we all felt the same way. Personally I thought the food in the main dining room on the Equinox was better than the food in the Blu on Millennium. Service was about the same. And forget breakfast in the Blu. Service was slow, omelets were cold and I always had to ask for more coffee. IMO I would save the money and use it for the specialty restaurants. We enjoyed the Olympic and Qsine.

I'm such a cruise newbie. What's the difference between the M class and S class. I'm on the Summit. Which is that? And is that a good thing?

I'm such a cruise newbie. What's the difference between the M class and S class. I'm on the Summit. Which is that? And is that a good thing?

Hi LEASHA530,

M & S Class refers to the ship series.

M = Millenium Class Series launched beginning in 2000

Millennium (2000)

Infinity (2001)

Summit (2002)

Constellation (2002)

S = Solstice Class Series launched beginning in 2008

Solstice (2008)

Equinox (2009)

Eclipse (2010)

Silhouette (2011)

Reflection (2012)

M-Class Ships all share the same footprint & layout, and cabin numbers are identical. With M-Class Ships there is less consistency when it comes to size of cabins or even cabin layouts.

Example - Celebrity Millenium = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-millennium

S-Clas Ships are CLOSE in footprint & layout... With some of the later ships in the series being a tad bigger. Because of this cabin numbers are not always identical shop to ship. But cabins located in the same spots physically (despite cabin numbers or category) will have similar attributes / pros & cons. Important therefore if consulting the S-Class Cabin Sreadsheet STICKY at the top of this forum and looking at cabin numbers to also have Deck Plans in front of you. An to truly have your bearings as to where physically the cabin is located on the ship and what is around the cabin side to side, as well as above and below. On S-Class Ships the cabins were installed as pods... So far more consistency when it comes to cabin sizes & layout.

Example - Celebrity Solstice = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-solstice

After the successful launch of the S-Class Ships, the M-Class Ships were given a refurb / facelift starting in 2010 (marking their first decade in service). This refurb was known as Solsticization as some of the more popular elements of the Solstice Class Ships were incorporated (ie Martini Bar - CellarMasters - Aqua Class - Blu DR - Specialty Restaurants etc)

The S-Class Ships remain bigger (122K - 126K tonnes & 2850 - 3046 Pax) than the M-Class Ships (91K tonnes and 2038 - 2170 Pax) but they now have some of the niceties that the S-Class Ships do while all the while still retaining the unique cozy elements that was M-Class (ie more woods and less chrome & glass)

We have sailed both, and we like both for different reasons... But at the same time Celebrity's mark of excelence when it Comes to food, wine, service & pampering is clearly apparent across the fleet.

Plus the advantage for Celebrity Customers that with the Co having two sizes of ships they can serve a wider variety of markets / itineraries... As the bigger ships just cannot go all the places the smaller ships can (ie M-Class to the Caribbean out islands - Panama Canal - Alaska Inside Passage - Quebec's St Lawrence River etc)

For more info on each specific ship and venues aboard & current Itineries offered check out Celebrity's website and the Ships Pg = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships

Cheers!

Ps... In addition to the M & S Classes... Celebrity still has one ship from the C-Class... The Century (1995) for which this class was named. The Century however will retire from Celebrity's Fleet in April 2015... As she has been purchased by Ctrip.com a Travel Co. Out of china.

Celebrity also owns one other ship... The Xpedition (2001) which is permanently stationed in The Galapagos Islands.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

• 4 months later...
I want to book an Aqua Class Cabin. I'm concerned about noise as they look to be located below public space. What should I expect? I'm also wondering if I should consider paying extra for the Aqua Class Cabins on the AFT of the ship.

We book agua cabins generally but with the Milly class, we usually book on the 1 floor, I realize it is somewhat aft but we get in the closest to the entrances, never a problem.

Quiet yes, no one goes down the hall for the door, which is on the 1101 and 1100 unless they belong there.

The cabins are newer because the older ships really are looking like it now...most of them need major work. We just off off the Connie in this cabin and the railings were naked of varnish....ship was immaculate though.

There is nothing on top of you even a cover, so if it rains be prepared also pay attention which side you want sun, we had the starboard side it was great we were also heading south.

Celebrity is a wonderful cruise line and we have all our perks there, being elite plus helps, you can also book a aqua class a2 and get an a1 thus this is why we not up.

There is only one elevator that gets you on the milly ships there, and it is close to the ocean view bar and buffet if that is important.