Mid-night chocolate buffet?

I have never been on an RCL ship with the chocolate buffet. That is an NCL standard event. We have been on several RCL ships and they have all had the "Grand Buffet", but not the "Chocoholic buffet". Incidentally, my favorite was when the NCL Crown held the chocolate buffet at around 2PM in the afternoon during a sea day. I am never hungry at 11PM for the other buffets, so that was a perfect time for a chocolate fix. :)

our first RCCL crusie on the Rhapsody back in 99 there was a mid night chocolate buddet and o wow many people took a huge plate full of choc delights and took a taste a small taste then put the plate down n went back for more, dh and I took a little of what we 'd like to try and shared a plate as at that time of night and all that wonderful choc and caffeine well

was interesting to watch others tho

Always had Midnight Chocolate Buffets on my NCL cruises, but not on any of my RCI cruises. Great opportunity to take pictures for the people at home to see. To me, they look a lot better than they taste. I love the chocolate sculptures/carvings that they do.

To me, they look a lot better than they taste.

My feelings exactly. On the two cruises we've been on, the presentation was much better than the product - both the regular and chocolate buffets. Worth going once on your first cruise to see the intricate ice carvings, etc.

I go for one thing. I love the White chocolate mouse. It is usually served in a tall glass of some sort.

One thing that bugs me is that all of the cream puffs on the ship have chocolate cream. I want regular cream in my cream puffs.

Does anyone else get mad at the people that are in front of you in line that feel they need to touch all of the food. There are utensils people, USE THEM.

Just returned from the Explorere this week. Had a chocolate midnight buffet on Thursday? night. I wasn't impressed. There were some good cakes and chocolate dipped strawberries. There wa some shrimp cocktail and breadstick, but not much else. Good thing we were at the head of the line and didn't wait long.

• 1 month later...

Archived