CB Mini-suite setup for 4

WEGL81

Has anyone sailed on the CB (or any Princess ship for that matter) using a mini-suite set up for 4? The description indicates that the 2 extra people sleep on the pull out sofa (from the mini-suite loveseat, I assume) and an upper berth. We're considering a New Year's 4 day on the CB with our 24 and 22 yr-old kids. I have a hold on the last mini-suite on the CB with this setup and need some advice on whether this would be too cramped. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Have you priced an interior cabin for the extra 2 vs the 3rd and 4th passenger rate for the mini? I'm suggesting this as the extra bathroom and closet room would be a big help for 4 adults. The set up will work but if there is a negligible difference in pricing it would be worth it to have the extra bathroom and space. They can always come across the hall to enjoy your balcony, have room service, etc.

My adult daughter sailed with us in a mini and she used the ceiling bed. She said it was very comfortable and quite cozy!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks for the responses. I had looked at a combo balcony for DW and I and an interior for the kids but it is $400 more and just not worth it for a 4 day cruise. The bigger bathroom in the mini gives us some options as well.

Has anyone sailed on the CB (or any Princess ship for that matter) using a mini-suite set up for 4? The description indicates that the 2 extra people sleep on the pull out sofa (from the mini-suite loveseat, I assume) and an upper berth. We're considering a New Year's 4 day on the CB with our 24 and 22 yr-old kids. I have a hold on the last mini-suite on the CB with this setup and need some advice on whether this would be too cramped. Thanks in advance for any insight.

We always get a mini suite. Check the room layout online. The couch in the mini suite is a queen size bed. That area should have more room for movement than the bed area. I have never used the couch but I would suspect your room steward would set up that bed for you so when you return to your room in the evening it is ready for sleeping.

The pull down bunks are normally found in interior rooms.

Enjoy your trip.

Vernie

Thanks for the responses. I had looked at a combo balcony for DW and I and an interior for the kids but it is $400 more and just not worth it for a 4 day cruise. The bigger bathroom in the mini gives us some options as well.

Despite the bathtub instead of shower, there really isn't room for more than one person at a time, unless one is in the tub area and the other is using the sink area. The showers in the Lotus Spa area really are helpful.

We always get a mini suite. Check the room layout online. The couch in the mini suite is a queen size bed. That area should have more room for movement than the bed area. I have never used the couch but I would suspect your room steward would set up that bed for you so when you return to your room in the evening it is ready for sleeping.

The pull down bunks are normally found in interior rooms.

Enjoy your trip.

Vernie

You got me worried with your last comment, but indeed we got the last mini-suite with a pull down bunk over the sofa bed. It's interesting that when you book online and tell them it's for 4 pax, the website limits you to those cabins that actually accommodate 4. Bed options are queen/sofa/upper or twins/sofa/upper. The additional OBC by going with this option over 2 interior cabins, along with the price difference, really makes a lot of difference. With the current Princess sale of 3rd/4th pax sail for 37% of regular fare it's just too much to ignore. Thanks for all the responses. They were very helpful.

We were on CB in June. Sleep sofa was not a queen, it was more like a double. It was two cushion section (out of a three cushion couch). Does that make sense? Anyway 15 year old GS did one night on sleep sofa and the moved to upper bunk. It ha a better matteress and was more comfortable.

We were on CB in June. Sleep sofa was not a queen, it was more like a double. It was two cushion section (out of a three cushion couch). Does that make sense? Anyway 15 year old GS did one night on sleep sofa and the moved to upper bunk. It ha a better matteress and was more comfortable.

I stand corrected but then at 70 I am not going to climb into an upper bunk nor allow someone to drop down onto my floor level bed in the middle of the night first on their way to the head. (ships name for bathroom)

On one of our first cruises we went cheap and did an inside cabin with those tilt up bunks above the two of our twin beds. They didn't latch correctly and we were afraid they would come undone and drop onto our heads if we happen to be sitting on our own bed which we did frequently getting clothes from our luggage sitting on the bed. They are great staterooms to stick the kids in when the entire family is traveling.

It is all about what is more important to you. We have cycled through an inside cabin, an obstructed view cabin, a cabin with a deck and now we only do a mini-suite. At this age they are so worth the comfort and convenience.

Vernie

Thanks for the good info. My son can sleep on anything so my daughter will get the upper bunk :)