Any frequent cruisers who do not like TransAtlantics(westbound)

TomTN

Have been doing my best to discourage new passengers from trying the transAtlantics. Apparently have not been very successful, since prices are much higher this fall and cabin choice is far less. Drat!

Oh, well, will just have to go across the Pacific this fall. But, did grab a good deal for April crossing. But don't encourage people!

We want to sit in the Sky Lounge in the evening. I don't like to have the setting sun in my face. I'll take an east bound for the evening cocktails and because I like to board in Florida with too much luggage. I leave many things behind, including luggage, when we return to Florida by air.

Dh likes to enjoy the ship while we cross the Atlantic. Then tour hard when we get to the ports.

-Marisa

Westbound is the way to go, or should I say, direction! We did an eastbound on Equinox, and though we LOVED it, had a fabulous time, loved the ports, thrilling to sail through the Strait of Gibraltar, etc - the problem was that we always seemed to be losing an hour, turning our clock ahead all of the time, for a total loss of 6 hours. And since there were 4 of us, my husband and 2 of our children, I joke that Celebrity owes us a day's refund, as 6 hours, for the 4 of us, comes out to a full day lost! :D

We would definitely do a transatlantic again, but we would go westbound next time, if our schedule allowed, definitely.

We want to sit in the Sky Lounge in the evening. I don't like to have the setting sun in my face. I'll take an east bound for the evening cocktails and because I like to board in Florida with too much luggage. I leave many things behind, including luggage, when we return to Florida by air.

Dh likes to enjoy the ship while we cross the Atlantic. Then tour hard when we get to the ports.

-Marisa

Exactly our plan....no jet lag once you arrive in Europe...go full tilt!! Can sleep on the plane coming home a week later...:)

I seem to be able to recover from jet lag much faster flying east to Europe for some reason. A little nap and then we are good to go. But when we fly home it feels like I am drugged for a week - just hate it. We are also on the Oct 27th Equinox TA and we will still have a 4 hour flight NE to Vancouver from FLL but that is easy:D