Best place on Medano Beach with kids?

Cherlynn

My DH and I are taking our grandkids ages 13, 10 & 9 on a cruise next month and we will be in Cabo 2 days. Last time we were there we went to The Mango Deck and it go a little wild in the afternoon with drinking contests and wet Tshirt contests. Not where I want to be with kids! Where can we go for the day that will be a little more family friendly? I don't want an AI, probably too expensive. Thanks!

My DH and I are taking our grandkids ages 13, 10 & 9 on a cruise next month and we will be in Cabo 2 days. Last time we were there we went to The Mango Deck and it go a little wild in the afternoon with drinking contests and wet Tshirt contests. Not where I want to be with kids! Where can we go for the day that will be a little more family friendly? I don't want an AI, probably too expensive. Thanks!

If it were me, I would most certainly find a water taxi to take us to view Pelican Rock, Lover's Beach, the Arch, the sea lions, and Divorce Beach, but since there are no facilities at either Lover's or Divorce, I would instead bargain for the taxi to drop us off at Medano Beach. btw...the water taxi will have food for you to feed the fish. The fish will climb right up into your hand! The kids will love that. (Actually, I love it too!) It should not cost much (if any) extra to be delivered to Medano, and you can then spend the afternoon enjoying a swimmable beach with dozens of great Cantinas. You will have to disembark at Medano in ankle/knee deep water, but that adds to the experience. Some of the water taxis have steps on the front, making that a lot easier. After spending the day enjoying Medano, swimming, and enjoying really great and inexpensive foods and beverages, I would walk to the nearest parking lot (100-150 feet) and catch a land cab. The land cab should cost you about $10US total for up to 6 people,..$2pp, or so, for more. Be certain to bargain for both the water taxi, and the land cab. Just my $0.02 Pesos worth.

As for where at Medano, we normally go (with our kids and grandkids) to Tabascos. A fun place, no T-Shirt contests, very family friendly, with cheap and great food and beverages.