Priority Pass for airport lounges in Buenos Aires and Lima

forshping

Has anyone purchased and used the Priority Pass to gain access to the airport lounges in either Lima, Peru or Buenos Aires, Argentina? We will be flying coach on LAN airlines and not eligible to use their lounges. If we purchase Priority Pass, we should have access, but we'd like to know if others have used it successfully. Thanks.

Has anyone purchased and used the Priority Pass to gain access to the airport lounges in either Lima, Peru or Buenos Aires, Argentina? We will be flying coach on LAN airlines and not eligible to use their lounges. If we purchase Priority Pass, we should have access, but we'd like to know if others have used it successfully. Thanks.

Horrible. Disorganized, chaotic and only sporadically open.

A complete waste of money.

We flew out of Lima at the conclusion of our cruise in May. There are no airline sponsored lounges in the airport, only two general lounges that all the airlines send their first and business class passengers to. When we attempted to gain access to the first of these lounges, we were told that it was full and we were welcome to wait outside the door. We went on to the second lounge, checking in just behind someone using Priority Pass. The lounge was anything but peaceful. There were more children inside running around than there were adults. We found seating upstairs in plastic chairs. There was a small buffet with a nominal selection of uninteresting things. As we waited, we noticed a huge line formed outside the door. The lounge was also too full and they were no longer allowing additional guests. I would not recommend purchasing any sort of membership just for the purpose of getting access to these lounges. For one, you may not be allowed to enter because of capacity limitations. Secondly, they just aren't all very nice to begin with.

I just used a Priority Pass lounge in Guadalajara.

Peaceful, lots of good food, terrific lattes and cappuccinos -- not from a self serve machine.

You cannot generalize.

Even some of the airline lounges are better than others.

Again, I suggest getting a credit card that gives you FREE lounge access. No need to pay for these programs

BTW - Lounge CLub, the program from United Explorer Card (much lower fee than Amex Plat), includes many of the same lounges as Priority Pass (including the one in Buenos Aires). This is one of the cards that gives you 20k in trip cancellation and interruption insurance, for those of you who have read the thread on alternatives to buying expensive trip insurance.

I just used a Priority Pass lounge in Guadalajara.

Peaceful, lots of good food, terrific lattes and cappuccinos -- not from a self serve machine.

You cannot generalize.

Even some of the airline lounges are better than others.

Just to clarify....I was only referring to the lounges at Lima which was one of the places that the OP had inquired about. The lounges in the Lima airport are run independently of any airline and the quality is perhaps not what one might expect if accustomed to airline lounges.

Many Priority Pass memberships are free with certain credit cards and the terms of the memberships vary. Some are offered for free with the credit card but still require payment for each use of a lounge (about $25 per visit). Personally, I would have been upset had I paid $25 for each of us to use the lounge in the Lima airport.

As an American Express Platinum Card holder, I have a Priority Pass. I know that the lounges vary considerably in quality. I go online and check them out before we get to the airport. We travel business whenever possible, so my first preference will be the airline's club. However, not every airline has a club at every airport, or a share arrangement. In those cases, I'm glad to find Priority Club properties. I have to pay for my husband but it beats the mob scene.

Mary

As an American Express Platinum Card holder, I have a Priority Pass. I know that the lounges vary considerably in quality. I go online and check them out before we get to the airport. We travel business whenever possible, so my first preference will be the airline's club. However, not every airline has a club at every airport, or a share arrangement. In those cases, I'm glad to find Priority Club properties. I have to pay for my husband but it beats the mob scene.

Mary

Exactly our approach

Since we BOTH have the United Explorer card, there is no fee for either of us to use the lounges that are part of the Lounge Club Program. Many of those lounges are the same ones in the Priority Pass program.

Exactly our approach

Since we BOTH have the United Explorer card, there is no fee for either of us to use the lounges that are part of the Lounge Club Program. Many of those lounges are the same ones in the Priority Pass program.

Thank you all for your input. We both have a United Explorer credit card; will these cards get us into the airport lounges even if we are not flying United or one of their partners? Thanks for clarifying.........

Thank you all for your input. We both have a United Explorer credit card; will these cards get us into the airport lounges even if we are not flying United or one of their partners? Thanks for clarifying.........

NO

One of the perks of having the card is being a member of Lounge Pass. You have to have the Lounge Pass card. Call Chase and ask. You can use no matter which airline you fly.

We used my Priority Pass at the Lima Airport last May. I have free Priority Pass through my Platinum AMEX card but I had to pay about $25 for my husband to go in. We arrived at the airport very early because of an early connection from the Amazon and even thought it wasn't the best lounge I've ever been in, it was sure better than sitting in the airport general seating area. One thing that was a problem for us was that we weren't in a place where we could print a boarding pass before we arrived so we didn't have one when we arrived at the airport. The Delta counter didn't open until 3 hours before the flight and we were there about 6 hours before the flight. The lady at the information counter said we couldn't use our iPhone boarding passes so we were unable to pass through security to get to the lounge. Luckily, I asked another agent if we could use the boarding passes on our phones and she said that would be fine so we were able to pass through security and go directly to the lounge. I can't speak for the lounge in Buenos Aires but the Lima lounge was okay and we had drinks, light snacks and comfortable chairs.

We used my Priority Pass at the Lima Airport last May. I have free Priority Pass through my Platinum AMEX card but I had to pay about $25 for my husband to go in. We arrived at the airport very early because of an early connection from the Amazon and even thought it wasn't the best lounge I've ever been in, it was sure better than sitting in the airport general seating area. One thing that was a problem for us was that we weren't in a place where we could print a boarding pass before we arrived so we didn't have one when we arrived at the airport. The Delta counter didn't open until 3 hours before the flight and we were there about 6 hours before the flight. The lady at the information counter said we couldn't use our iPhone boarding passes so we were unable to pass through security to get to the lounge. Luckily, I asked another agent if we could use the boarding passes on our phones and she said that would be fine so we were able to pass through security and go directly to the lounge. I can't speak for the lounge in Buenos Aires but the Lima lounge was okay and we had drinks, light snacks and comfortable chairs.

and a bad lounge is better than no lounge LOL

NO

One of the perks of having the card is being a member of Lounge Pass. You have to have the Lounge Pass card. Call Chase and ask. You can use no matter which airline you fly.

Thanks so much for the tip. We called Chase and they are sending us both a Lounge Pass.

I am a little confused. My mileage plus explorer card comes with the one-time passes. I think the one that lets you in to all the lounges cost $400/year and is called something with the word club on the card ??

You are confusing two different benefits.

Your Explorer card gives you two complimentary passes to the UNITED LOUNGE. It does not give you United Lounge membership.

That has nothing to do with the Lounge Pass program that gives you access to generic lounges all over the world. Give United a call.