Taking a chair

nitro2448

a folding chair is a good idea! we have one that has backpack straps on it to put on your back instead of having to carry it. we used it when we were in florida and walking from the condo to the beach with it on my back was so much easier/better than actually carrying it!

We sailed on the Dream a few years ago and the three rooms next to us had the balcony dividers opened up to create one GINORMOUS balcony.. and about 20 older ladies (all with their own folding chairs) played some sort of card game out there for the ENTIRE CRUISE!! No matter what time of day and into the night they were out there drinking and having a blast...too funny! That is the only time I have ever seen folding beach chairs used on a ship.. worked for them though!! :p

Just a thought.. you can take the chairs if you want to, as i agree the bench is not a comfortable seat. But there are railings all around those forwards decks that you can only see over if you are standing at them.. So consider that if you bring a chair you are going to be sitting there looking at a white wall railing. You are not going to be able to see much. So if you just want to be able to sit outside, that is fine...

Thanks sailor, I know how the ships are set up, but yes sometimes it's nice to just out at night and enjoy the fresh air, it's not like your going to see much at night anyway. I like to sit and look at the stars as well, I can do that from a chair.

Mine is on deck 7 in February and deck 9 in October.

Hi neighbor.

We are in a 4j on the liberty cruise in Feb as well. The chair is a great idea. We were planning on using the deck some to dry our dive gear in the afternoons. A chair would let us hang out and relax while the gear is

rying.

Hubby is platinum so I would think we could just carry it on and take it to the room.

Great idea.

Hi neighbor.

We are in a 4j on the liberty cruise in Feb as well. The chair is a great idea. We were planning on using the deck some to dry our dive gear in the afternoons. A chair would let us hang out and relax while the gear is

rying.

Hubby is platinum so I would think we could just carry it on and take it to the room.

Great idea.

Hello neighbor, are you on deck 7 ? I seen a couple more have been booked. I think the chairs would be more comfy for relaxing than those benches. My wife and I are both platinum, but I might just give it to the porter, the less I carry the better :)

I took one along on my cruise on the Pride, put a luggage tag on it and gave it to the porter, made it to the room without any issues. Used it on my extended balcony and when not in use it was in my room folded up in a corner out of the way.

Thank you, glad see someone who has done it, I will most likely do the same, put a tag and hand it off.

Hello neighbor, are you on deck 7 ? I seen a couple more have been booked. I think the chairs would be more comfy for relaxing than those benches. My wife and I are both platinum, but I might just give it to the porter, the less I carry the better :)

Yup. We're in 03 on Empress.

Excited to try these cabins but must admit we still might jump to a balcony if the price gets right.

We will be happy either way.

I haven't made my platinum yet...I got cruise number 9 and 10 about 6 months too late. But I dont mind riding dh's coattails. :)

Yup. We're in 03 on Empress.

Excited to try these cabins but must admit we still might jump to a balcony if the price gets right.

We will be happy either way.

I haven't made my platinum yet...I got cruise number 9 and 10 about 6 months too late. But I dont mind riding dh's coattails. :)

Yep, your just 3 doors down, lol. If the price is right we might switch as well, but I want to try this room to. It would have to drop a lot for me to switch. I will definitely try these rooms on my oct. Cruise 2015, we have B2B with same room. As long as one of you is platinum is all that matters, you still get the best perks out of it.