Must do on Fantasy?

bnorris10

I would say to not over think, over plan your time.

Your daily Navigator will be delivered the evening prior to the activities so plenty of time to plan!

IMO, over planning or thinking can lead to disappointment if things do not work out quite as you expect.

My advice is take a long a couple of different colored highlighters, sit down each evening and highlight what you would you and everyone else would want to do from the Navigator.

Building up expectations usually leads to disappointment if they don't pan out.

ex techie

Some suggestions (although your might find different favorites):

- The Disney stage shows, especially "Aladdin" if you haven't seen the version at Disneyland Resort (in the Disney's California Adventure" park.

- The mid-ship detective agency scavenger hunt, play at your own pace, electronic game. Especially if you are a fan of the Muppets, I believe the Muppet themed hunts are only on the Disney Fantasy and not the other DCL ships.

- The "How well do you know your family" game show. It is a lot like the marriage game (or Newlywed Game) but cleaned up enough for family entertainment. In this version, a parent and their "junior cruiser," aged 5-13, I think, try to match answers about each other. Part of the idea is that the kids are often painfully honest. ;)

- People watching in the lobby during character meet and greets can be fun. (Or you can join in, of course.)

- Most of all, explore the ship, look around at the various rooms, try some new activities and see what you find. And if you don't try them all on this cruise, maybe that will be a good excuse to come back again for another vacation in the future. ;)

In December - Gingerbread house making.

Generally on the Fantasy - Sateillite Falls for adults and aqualab and the aqua duck for everyone. Midship detective agency. Both shows in Animator's Palate. Visit the hallway through the adult area (looks like it came straight out of tatooine in Star Wars).

I agree with the adult entertainment area. The bars are all so different, try a couple different ones every day. If you are a coffee person, try Cove Cafe near the adult pool area. And get one of their cards to buy 5 get the 6th drink free. The card is good even on future cruises.

If you have a smart phone or table, DCL has an app you can download. You can download it now but it won't do anything until you get on the ship. On my last cruise, everyone was going crazy with it. You can see every dinner in every dining room for every night. Makes planning a night at Palo or Remy easy because you can pick a night you don't care for the dining room menu.

Its like having the Navigator on steroids. I didn't have it then, but I sure do now. Can't wait to try it in Nov.