maasdam/inside room

may1021

Looking at a last minute out of Boston to Montreal in October. Only thing left are inside and oceanview rooms. Any inside room locations to avoid? Think I shall call and see what is available but if anyone has a good location for inside room, would appreciate it. Thanks

Looking at a last minute out of Boston to Montreal in October. Only thing left are inside and oceanview rooms. Any inside room locations to avoid? Think I shall call and see what is available but if anyone has a good location for inside room, would appreciate it. Thanks

Avoid 776 & 769; next to crew metal stairwell.

We had 614 on the main deck. Loved it- quiet, kinda midship. I would say avoid anything too close to the front of the ship. We were in 500 once. Great cabin until a port day. The noise of the winches for the ropes was awful. And the day we tendered, the anchor sounded like it was coming through our cabin. Other than that, we loved the Maasdam.

I was in 345 on the Promenade Deck. Neighboring cabin on only one side (I think), on the other side a bit of a ways down was the laundromat, which was only a problem once when a lady with a loud voice was chatting away in there. She shut up when I asked her to quiet down, I don't think she realized how much her voice carried.

The cabin is also close to a door to the open deck, and stairs/elevators. I'd have no problem staying in that cabin again.

I wear earplugs when I sleep. They do not shut out all noise, and vibrations from things like anchors would still be a problem.

Edited by BeagleOne

Thanks people. Like the ear plug tip too. We usually do a balcony . Only room we had that was awful was on Norwegian Gem. Did inside on this cruise out of NYC in winter. Noise in room starting around 3 AM was awful. Think we had the service corridor or something behind us. Neither of us are light sleepers and I can usually sleep thru anything but not this. Just don't want a repeat of this. Appreciate the input.