Caribbean Princess Photo Review – September 1-6, 2014

shwabob

Thank you again, I am loving seeing in photos what I will be experiencing very soon I hope.

It looks like seats in the foyer/piazza area are hard to come by. We had big problems last year on the Crown on a TA and was hoping that in the sun more people would be up on deck, leaving seats free elsewhere, but it doesn't look that way. In fact finding seats anywhere inside was a problem. It seemed like there were too many people for the number of indoor seats, and I believe this ship has an extra deck and some extra suites too so even more people.

You mention formal night. Were many men in tuxes? We are trying to decide whether to take my husbands or just his dark suit. Not much different for packing but would rather feel dressed accordingly. Thanks.

Loving the photos!!

Question about formal night. How were most people dressed? Very formal or just "dressed up"? We've always done much longer cruises and this will be our first short cruise. On the long cruises, I typically bring full length gowns for formal nights and DH brings a tux. For this cruise, I've purchased cocktail dresses, but we're not sure if DH should do a tux or navy pant/gray jacket combo. Did you see lots of tuxes or no?

Thanks soo much..I was on the Star at Inaugural time for a three night with a TA friend.

I too had my last 2 cruises with Carnival and was very grateful for price and being able to go on lean times...and moving back to rural state or origin made flying at last minute more to match the deals..BUT...just looking at your pictures..to date..Princess has nicest ships I have been on and so glad you feel they are keeping them up and it was wonderful..I am so ready..soon one cant watch and find affordable prices and i do not mind paying a little more to get that quiet beautiful restful pamper feeling, I am still grateful and do not boo poo Carnival and looking forward to the right cruises still with them too...but ahhhhh this is me ay almost the double nickles in age LOL...Sarah

A lot can be done to pamper yourself on any ship but this..well an obstructed window does not matter with all this...

Thanks a million....Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Totally loved the Caribbean Princess. It was my first Princess cruise, loved it so much we booked it twice in the same year. Next cruise we did the Grand, now moving onto the Emerald.

Love seeing the photos for the ships, etc. Can't wait until my cruise in November gets here. I have been waiting forever to sail on the Emerald and finally booked one.

I am thinking at looking again at the Caribbean Princess for next year. Though I will need to watch and see if they run any great last minute specials. That seems to be more of the way to be able to book something if I can manage to swing it.

Thank you again, I am loving seeing in photos what I will be experiencing very soon I hope.

It looks like seats in the foyer/piazza area are hard to come by. We had big problems last year on the Crown on a TA and was hoping that in the sun more people would be up on deck, leaving seats free elsewhere, but it doesn't look that way. In fact finding seats anywhere inside was a problem. It seemed like there were too many people for the number of indoor seats, and I believe this ship has an extra deck and some extra suites too so even more people.

You mention formal night. Were many men in tuxes? We are trying to decide whether to take my husbands or just his dark suit. Not much different for packing but would rather feel dressed accordingly. Thanks.

Loving the photos!!

Question about formal night. How were most people dressed? Very formal or just "dressed up"? We've always done much longer cruises and this will be our first short cruise. On the long cruises, I typically bring full length gowns for formal nights and DH brings a tux. For this cruise, I've purchased cocktail dresses, but we're not sure if DH should do a tux or navy pant/gray jacket combo. Did you see lots of tuxes or no?

It seemed like the piazza area got pretty packed starting in the early evenings. Most of the pics were taken right around 5pm, and while there was some seating in the Crooners area it was pretty loaded everywhere else.

As far as formal night, I only saw a few suits/tuxes...it seems most folks (myself included) chose to opt for a jacket/blazer with pants and tie, plus there were lots of people in slightly less formal getup sans-jacket.

Just curious what time you took all the pool shots? There's so many empty chairs. Where's all the people, even the lobby looks deserted? I hope it's like that on our Oct 4 sailing on the CB - we love that ship!

Started around 4:45 through 5:30 in the evening. Most people seemed to be getting ready for dinner or were down in the atrium, as there were some light showers right when I started, then it got really hot and humid after it cleared.

I as noticing how much better you photographs are now compared with your Carnival Reviews of a couple of years ago. Carnival interiors give me a headache and so I thought maybe your camera had felt the same way and recoiled in horror when you opened the shutter on Carnival. Did you upgrade recently to the Canon? Are you using any software before posting?

I know Joe Farcus is no longer designing for the Carnival ships (moved to Costa I believe). Not a fan of his over-decorating but love to hear him talk as he is so passionate about his work.

Princess decor suits me fine and thanks for showing it so well.

Norris

I as noticing how much better you photographs are now compared with your Carnival Reviews of a couple of years ago. Carnival interiors give me a headache and so I thought maybe your camera had felt the same way and recoiled in horror when you opened the shutter on Carnival. Did you upgrade recently to the Canon? Are you using any software before posting?

I know Joe Farcus is no longer designing for the Carnival ships (moved to Costa I believe). Not a fan of his over-decorating but love to hear him talk as he is so passionate about his work.

Princess decor suits me fine and thanks for showing it so well.

Norris

Perhaps it did recoil in horror. While the Legend was more tolerable, I was never a huge fan of Carnival's interiors. Reviews on newer ships look nicer now that Farcus is gone though. I really was pleased with the decor on Princess, it was clean, simple, and elegant without being gaudy in the least.

I picked up the Canon T4i in the fall of 2012, and have gradually become more proficient at using it since I really enjoy planespotting in my free time, which isn't easy compared to taking cruise ship pics.

The two Carnival cruises I had just the point-and-shoot (Victory in 2011) and a Canon XSi (Legend in 2012). I used the T4i on my Imagination cruise back in 2013, but never bothered to post a review as it was a meh cruise. This trip I really tried to put something together nice, and while I normally run the photos through Adobe Lightroom for enhancement I was pretty satisfied with how they turned out so these are as they came out.

I'm really glad to see everyone enjoys the good pics and thanks for all the positive comments!

OP please finish, don't leave us hanging.

Sorry everyone that I haven't been back sooner...I've been caught up with a rather hectic Vmware migration at work the entire weekend and thereby have been crazy busy. I'm hoping to get more pics and posts up here today/tomorrow. Thanks a lot for the great comments!