Anthem Pricing

71Corvette

Hey all,

I'm thinking of booking a Jan or Feb 2016 cruise on Anthem. I really haven't been tracking pricing lately so I'm curious if any of the recent WOW sales have included Anthem. I know the current BOGO rates aren't good on Quantum class.

Pricing is obviously on the high side so trying to get the best deal possible.

Thanks!

All of their sales, wow or not have excluded Quantum and Anthem :( I agree that prices are high, it's a new ship with lots of bells and whistles. Most sailings and certain categories on Anthem, prices have not gone up at all. Quantum prices keep rising.

To get the best possible deal is to book now as prices can climb at any time and you get your choice of a good room/location. After you book and if you find prices are coming down (by doing a mock booking before the final payment date, you will get a refund. After final payment date, no refunds. If you find prices coming down after final payment, you may be able to upgrade to another category for so little money.

I'd be interested to hear if People think what I have paid for Anthem is considered expensive, cheap or average.

I have booked 14 nights in a D7 Balcony room for my Wife and I, Italian Mediterranean cruise in June next year. Total cruise price including port parking, gratuities and select drinks package is £4,398. ($7000)

I'd be interested to hear if People think what I have paid for Anthem is considered expensive, cheap or average.

I have booked 14 nights in a D7 Balcony room for my Wife and I, Italian Mediterranean cruise in June next year. Total cruise price including port parking, gratuities and select drinks package is £4,398. ($7000)

$7000 is very expensive, even for the Med. Watch for price decreases, I'm sure there will be some

I figured that would be the case. In my experience sales don't often apply to the newest ships in the fleet. I think the best bet is to book early and hope for price drops - over the next year and a half hopefully they come down a bit. Worst case we can always cancel later if we want.

Right now a balcony room for 2 on the January 3, 2016 12 southern Caribbean sailing is $4,500 which doesn't seem too crazy. I was really hoping to get into a Jr Suite but those are much more expensive at $6,100 and I just can't justify the cost.

Now I just need to convince the wife! :D

I'm not sure if that's high or not, but I'd do a price check on RCCL's website. A price monitoring website I go to indicates prices are falling for your sailing. Do a mock booking and see what you get. You may be paying an unneeded premium for a bundled package.

Edited by 71Corvette

Now I just need to convince the wife! :D

Why do we always have to convince the wife?

"Do you want to go on a cruise?"

"Yes"

See it's easy. I can't understand why I have to rationalise the decision before she says yes!

We priced up two weeks on anthem for next august, 2 adults and 2 kids (12 and 16 so both adults for pricing) it is £9000 which I feel is way too much and I am a splurger usually!! That was for a bog standard balcony cabin, no frills. :(

Would so love to see this new ship but not at that price!

We paid pretty much the same for the 4th July sailing for 3 people in a balcony cabin that excluded the drinks package and parking.