Kathy's Not-Quite-B2B 2014 Vacation: Miracle in Alaska and Glory Western Caribbean

nybumpkin

Thanks for your review. I board the Glory in a week - 3rd time on her, but first since 2.0 upgrades.

Enjoy your cruise on the Breeze. I sailed her 3 times in a row - great ship! I love the cove balconies. And that itinerary is a great one. I did it twice in 2012. I actually liked arriving later in one of the ports.

Thanks for your review. I board the Glory in a week - 3rd time on her, but first since 2.0 upgrades.

Enjoy your cruise on the Breeze. I sailed her 3 times in a row - great ship! I love the cove balconies. And that itinerary is a great one. I did it twice in 2012. I actually liked arriving later in one of the ports.

We thought about a cove balcony but asked first about an aft wrap. The ones we wanted were already gone - but the "bowling alley" balcony next to the wrap was available so we booked it and the next forward balcony. We're still going to have an awesome balcony!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Red and White Flag means "there is a pilot aboard. The yellow flag means "I vessel is Healthy" no disease aboard. That is if I remember from fifty years ago.......... Thanks for the great review!!!!
Thanks so much! I remembered the "Q" flag from John Maxtone-Graham's book "The Only Way to Cross," covering the entry into New York Harbor.

thanks for the review and pictures! took lots of notes! LOL

we just booked an Alaska cruise on the Legend for next summer

You will love this cruise! We sailed on Legend twice before - a NYC-Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2006 and a Baltic cruise last year. She's a great ship.

• 2 months later...
just reread your review and have a quick question- for the train you mentioned sitting on the left side. is that the left side facing the train or while facing forward? thanks. looking at booking excursions now
It's the left side facing forward, with the engine in the front.

• 2 months later...
Loved the towel animals too!!! That is also our favorite balcony - had it on the Freedom a few years ago.
Thanks - I absolutely love the deck 8 aft wraps! We'll have to see whether we can repeat our towel animal arrangement this year.:D