Norwegian Getaway 8/30/14 thru 9/6/14

cruzingcoastie

I guess you can't go from the Allure of the Sea's to a smaller ship. Very unhappy with the One pool in which you can't stand in. Everyone is Cheek to Cheek sitting around the pool. No live bands on the pool deck? The water feature up in Spice H2O is very nice but if your not in the water you are baking. Very little shade. The 2 banks of elevators make for long waits especially after a show. I ripped the skin off the top of my toes by opening our cabin door. Ouch. They need to put a guard on the bottom of the door or raise or lower the door. The comedian "Flip" was not funny :mad:. The MC was much funnier then him. The seats in the Theater are very uncomfortable :confused:. Seems like they have a support running across the back of the seat which makes for very uncomfortable sitting. My wife enjoyed Legally Blonde. (I was watching Thursday Night Football) We had to fight for a chair next to the pool. They let people go out early and throw there stuff on a chair to reserve it. No one is sitting there for hours but no one clears the stuff away?? The only good thing to say is we had the Dining package. Love the Restaurants. Cagney's is a must for everyone but we enjoys all the specialty dining restaurants With the exception of the illumination Show. To dark to eat and the show just was not that great. Sorry to say we will not be cruising on the NCL Getaway again. Back to RCCL for us.

Edited by cruzingcoastie

I agree the pool is too small but most new ships have smaller pools. I don't get in the pool but I do go and watch my tween granddaughter. I sat between the adult and the kids pool and lucky for me I always found a shady place to sit.

I saw/heard a band several times while I was at the pool and thought that it was so much better than a DJ....we usually spent late mornings or early afternoons at the pool so maybe it was timing?

I have not been on Allure but I have been on Oasis twice and IMHO the only cruise line that I have been on that could rival Oasis was Disney.

All in All I did enjoy The Getaway :)

I hate the pools myself on NCL! Love the specialty restaurants too:D But... I never had a cruise I didn't enjoy myself on! sorry your cruise didn't meet your expectations. We have cruised 35 times in 15 years. Only 4 times on NCL.;)

One post from you and all you can do is bash ncl? It's ok if go back to wherever you cruise!!!

Your history shows no other posts but you took time to point out mostly negatives. Not sure I'm buying what your selling here!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ictcruiser