King bed in adjoining rooms?

Caribbeanqueen03

There are very limited numbers of adjoining inside rooms on Carnival ships, and I don't know if every ship has them. The standard shaped inside rooms are so tiny, that there's nowhere to put an adjoining door in there. The only ones that seem to be adjoining are some of the square-shaped interiors along the center hallways (interiors to the interiors). On the Dream, these are only located on deck 6, and there's only a few of them.

As long as you don't get an upper/lower (or category 1A) room, the room will have 2 twin beds that can be pushed together to make a cruiseline-defined king bed. The twins are 33" wide, so the cruiseline king bed is 66" wide. True kings are 72", while true queens are 60". So I guess the cruiseline beds would be a kween or a quing.

We booked adjoining rooms on the Fantasy. They are inside cabins. My husband and I will stay in one room and have the beds made up to a king size and our 2 sons will be in the adjoining room and have the twin set up. Call Carnival and tell them what you want and see if it's available. Also, if you do a mock booking on the Carnival site you will see what type of room you will be getting and the set up of that room. Good luck.

On ships like the Imagination connecting rooms that are outsides have fixed beds that cannot be pushed together. Just FYI.

I didn't know about that. Thanks for pointing that out.

I did forget that many of the cabins designed for wheelchair use will have beds that cannot (or are not supposed to be) pushed together. And with the 5-person deluxe OV rooms on Dream class, the twins are not supposed to be pushed together. These notes probably will not apply to the OP, but yours could, since we don't know if there's a particular ship they're looking at.

Edited by k2excursion