Freedom MDR question?

jebace1988

I've been researching this myself, and I'm pretty sure Freedom western follows this order:

Mojo, Saffron (formal), ****ake, Pimiento, Basil (likely 2nd formal), Jasmine, Pomodoro.

The review I got this order from, which was a Spring 2014 sailing, wondered if Days 3 and 4 were switched on their cruise. I have had Pimiento on Day 3 of my cruises, so I wonder, too.

I know I have seen the answer to this question on another thread. In what order are dinners served of Freedom of the seas. (western sailing)

Thanks

I asked the same question a while ago:

Freedom Western - order of MDR menus?

We're sailing on Freedom on the Western Caribbean itinerary and I'm trying to determine which nights are the best for booking the specialty restaurants.

I have looked at old threads re menus and I have downloaded the MDR menus from RCI press centre page. The menus are printed in the following order:

Mojo

Saffron

Shiitake

Pimiento

Basil (with the filet mignon)

Jasmine (with the Fisherman's Plate)

Pomodoro

As I understand it, the 2nd formal night on the Western itinerary is Day 5 (not 6 as per the menus :confused:). Hence my question as to whether the order of printing bears any relevance to which menu on which evening.

Any ideas anyone - I would hate to book the specialty restaurants for nights that turn out to be the more preferable MDR menus (or indeed vice versa).

The conclusion I got from replies to my post was that the menus follow the order above except Basil & Jasmine are reversed. Everything I look at says on Western Itinerary the 2nd formal night is Day 5 (Grand Cayman)...

Now I'm not sure if this is correct - grateful for any further advice anyone.

Thanks

Helen

The conclusion I got from replies to my post was that the menus follow the order above except Basil & Jasmine are reversed. Everything I look at says on Western Itinerary the 2nd formal night is Day 5 (Grand Cayman)...

Now I'm not sure if this is correct - grateful for any further advice anyone.

Thanks

Helen

This is correct. I sailed the western itinerary this past April and have been on FOS five times in the past four years. Jasmine (lobster night) is day 5 because of being in Cozumel so late on day 6.

This is correct. I sailed the western itinerary this past April and have been on FOS five times in the past four years. Jasmine (lobster night) is day 5 because of being in Cozumel so late on day 6.

Great - thank you for this :D. Glad to have it clear in my mind, now I can plan my specialty restaurant nights etc better.

Thanks again

Helen

My eyes must have been really tired :)

Anyway, everything I have read about the western is that formal night is night 5, so if lobster is on the Jasmine, then it makes sense for them to switch it. But a recent FOS western review with the pictures of the menus did have Jasmine on night 6.

Smokey - yes, when I first moved to Florida I lived in Lauderdale. I moved to Miami a few years ago but changing the handle is a pain :)

Debitoo - they should be the same menus, except that on eastern, formal night is, I think, Night 6, and therefore Jasmine is on Night 6.

Edited by MattInFLL