Ship Transfer or Private Transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino

Crockett Man

A group of us will be disembarking in Civitavecchia November 1st and we are in a dilemma as to whether we should use an NCL transfer or a private transfer to Fiumicino to catch our 11:50AM flight. I talked to NCL customer service and they recommend no departure flights before 11:30AM, so we are good there. They could not tell me, however, when their first transfer would leave the port. The cost of their transfer is $75 per person but I have found better pricing through several different companies. We plan on self-disembarking the ship around 7:00AM with an expectation of leaving Civitavecchia by 7:30AM. With, or without all of the current construction, does anyone know if private transfer companies are allowed to enter the port and pick up passengers directly at the ship? We are also concerned that if we are not using the NCL transfer service that we will not be allowed to debark until all of those using the NCL transfer service has debarked first. Does anyone know if this would be true? Thank all of you for your help.

If you are planning to self-disembark, you will most likely get off before people on NCL transfers. Their luggage must be unloaded and sorted first so among VIPs they are the first ones with colored luggage tags to disembark -- usually after self-disembarking passengers have already started disembarkation.

I'm too interested about private transport companies' ability to drive to port area, we are cruising from Civitavecchia next March with two persons with walking difficulties and we are planning to both arrive and leave the port with a private transfer.

Edited by Demonyte

A group of us will be disembarking in Civitavecchia November 1st and we are in a dilemma as to whether we should use an NCL transfer or a private transfer to Fiumicino to catch our 11:50AM flight. I talked to NCL customer service and they recommend no departure flights before 11:30AM, so we are good there. They could not tell me, however, when their first transfer would leave the port. The cost of their transfer is $75 per person but I have found better pricing through several different companies. We plan on self-disembarking the ship around 7:00AM with an expectation of leaving Civitavecchia by 7:30AM. With, or without all of the current construction, does anyone know if private transfer companies are allowed to enter the port and pick up passengers directly at the ship? We are also concerned that if we are not using the NCL transfer service that we will not be allowed to debark until all of those using the NCL transfer service has debarked first. Does anyone know if this would be true? Thank all of you for your help.

We are sailing on the Epic October 1 with a return date of October 8. We have booked a private transfer to pick us up at 7:30. According to the transfer company (Bob's Limo), they will be able to pick us up "Under the Ship". After hearing about the construction I reconfirmed with them yesterday and still, they will be able to pick us up "Under the Ship". Hope this helps.

Lynn

We booked also booked Bob's Limo. Took it from Rome to Civitavecchia and then again from the cruise port to Fiumicino upon our return. Very dependable and reasonable. We self disembarked and were scheduled for an 8:00 am pick up and our driver was right there waiting for us. We paid 30Euro/person ... a year ago February.