Celebrity not taking responsibility for their actions

bobnpaty

It's also on post #23 and here is the link. Again, multiple threads/posts/etc... my head hurts.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44087058&postcount=23

The post states:

"Just received word from my travel agent that Celebrity has agreed to refund my airfare in full. This came as a surprise to both of us because Celebrity had again refused reimbursement in a conversation with her earlier this morning. I will make a final statement and close this thread as soon as the credit has been processed to my account. Thank you all for weighing in on this issue. "

I'm getting so confused; there are so many threads and different issues with different posters (one is on the original cruise, the OP and then another is on that cruise as a part of a B2B2B and then another poster is on a different cruise that had a port cancelled and they cancelled their cruise and wants Celebrity to reimburse them for their airfare)....like I said, I'm so confused as to who is on first or second or third. Edited by NLH Arizona

Let me help. There are two of us who were on the cancelled cruise that have posted having an issue with refund of Choice Air. One of us has been told by their TA that they would get reimbursed for the Choice Air on the cancelled cruise - that happened the end of last week, no report of refund posted on Cruise Critic to date.

The other, me, was told today that their Choice Air would not be refunded. When Celebrity posted on their Facebook page the cancellation of the cruise, they stated that those that booked air through them would get a full refund.

Third poster is on a Singapore to Singapore (President's cruise) and one port was cancelled and an overnight in Hong Kong substituted. After much correspondence to Celebrity, the port was reinstated, but time in port was lengthened so that the ship is leaving at 11pm. Because it is a President's cruise, there is usually a dinner on shore for some of the passengers, hosted by Celebrity. They needed a night to do this. That is probably the reason for the change, but when it first came out the reason was that an executive committee felt the overnight in Hong Kong was a better cruise experience. Later it was changed to too much port congestion in the Viet Nam port, even though the Century was the only cruise ship in. No other reason has ever been given, but the issue of the changed port is resolved.

So, clear as mud? :confused:The confusion is more an issue that there were several threads started on the same subject.

Let me help. There are two of us who were on the cancelled cruise that have posted having an issue with refund of Choice Air. One of us has been told by their TA that they would get reimbursed for the Choice Air on the cancelled cruise - that happened the end of last week, no report of refund posted on Cruise Critic to date.

The other, me, was told today that their Choice Air would not be refunded. When Celebrity posted on their Facebook page the cancellation of the cruise, they stated that those that booked air through them would get a full refund.

Third poster is on a Singapore to Singapore (President's cruise) and one port was cancelled and an overnight in Hong Kong substituted. After much correspondence to Celebrity, the port was reinstated, but time in port was lengthened so that the ship is leaving at 11pm. Because it is a President's cruise, there is usually a dinner on shore for some of the passengers, hosted by Celebrity. They needed a night to do this. That is probably the reason for the change, but when it first came out the reason was that an executive committee felt the overnight in Hong Kong was a better cruise experience. Later it was changed to too much port congestion in the Viet Nam port, even though the Century was the only cruise ship in. No other reason has ever been given, but the issue of the changed port is resolved.

So, clear as mud? :confused:The confusion is more an issue that there were several threads started on the same subject.

Actually, the third I was speaking about, is a poster who said he was booked on a Baltic's cruise and they cancelled porting at St. Petersburg and the poster cancelled the cruise and wanted their airfare refunded.

Actually, the third I was speaking about, is a poster who said he was booked on a Baltic's cruise and they cancelled porting at St. Petersburg and the poster cancelled the cruise and wanted their airfare refunded.

I think he said that "if" they cancelled SPB because of unrest he would cxl and expect his air back

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think he said that "if" they cancelled SPB because of unrest he would cxl and expect his air back

Christine, you are totally correct. See, I said I was confused. BTW, would they get reimbursed for their airfare, if they cancelled because 1 port was cancelled? Edited by NLH Arizona

Christine, you are totally correct. See, I said I was confused. BTW, would they get reimbursed for their airfare, if they cancelled because 1 port was cancelled?

I would not think so!! Port/itinerary changes happen all the time for various reasons.

If a person cancelled their cruise because a port is changed, Celebrity has no obligation to pay for their airfare. If Celebrity cancels a cruise, apparently, they also have no obligation to pay for the cancelled air. The bigger issue here is that Celebrity posted the announcement about the cancelled cruise on their FB page, and that announcement stated that those that booked air through them would get a full refund, and for those that did not book through them, they would pay up to $300pp for flight change fees.

Since I transferred the booking to another Celebrity cruise that does not require me to fly to get to the ship, I am just trying to get the refund on my Choice air as stated in their announcement.

"But a comment to the O/P, no need to open up multiple threads about the same topic just to get your point across http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2100565 (again, the three active threads do not include the one(s) that were pulled). Keeping comments to one thread ensures everyone gets the same message/comments and things stay on topic."

I did NOT submit multiple threads on this issue. My first 2 posts were removed, then reposted by Cruise Critic staff. They asked me if I wanted to merge the content and I said yes. I did NOT want multiple threads out there.