Best Cruise "Save The Date" and Wedding Invitation ideas

dchoney

I am at the beginning stages of planning my 2015 cruise wedding and would love to see your "Save the Date" and/or Wedding Invitation ideas. Did you create and print them out yourself or did you go with a vendor? How far in advance did you send the "Save the Date" out? So much to do...thanks!

Congrats! This is where you can stress yourself out big time! our save the dates we did as magnets we ordered through vista print, very easy and they look good. We sent them out about 13 months before the wedding because we wanted to give at least one years notice for everyone who sailed (our wedding was on St. Thomas so it was sail or fly to go).

Now heres where your decision can be stressful. I wanted to do the awesome hand made invites. So I researched and researched....ended up buying a silhouette paper cutter crafter thing. I didn't realize how much money I was going to be putting into printing and time into cutting and gluing and ....it was a lot. But everyone loved our invites and they came out awesome!

Here is a link to the thread I put up about all of our DIY projects for the wedding. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2001252

All projects were done on the silhouette and over all I probably put out a little over $350 for the machine and printing stuff out at staples (and many hours of work).

I made ours. We are only having our parents and siblings at the wedding itself so those came with a small card inside that said:

Heather L Greeson

And

Michael D Trice

Request the pleasure of your company

at our marriage ceremony

Sunday, the twenty fifth of January

Two thousand fifteen

at half past ten o'clock

Aboard Canaveral Sensations

Port Canaveral, Florida

A sit down dinner will follow aboard ship

After which you are welcome

To set sail to the Bahamas with us

Should you desire to

The invitation to sail went out as shown in the pictures. I Made them using Card Stock, printed in black the text, then used a stamp, ink pad and bows from the craft store on the fronts and the envelopes were ones I bought at the craft store with the card stock.

1505275_10152896793488266_3673841131035188501_n.jpg.151d7adbc75119f300a4913e93b4fc8b.jpg

10344780_10152896793468266_4897258960247369090_n.jpg.fbd55338c3d695153f2510ef4c6ff080.jpg

I am getting married in January 2015 and didn't do save the dates. I went with the passport invites from weddingpassports.com and sent those out in march so people would have lots of notice. Everyone raved about how awesome the invites were.