Best place to be picked up by Limo in NYC pier

Olstick

My wife and I are sailing on the Breakaway Sept 14. Perhaps you can tell me the best place for our Limo pickup upon disembarkation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Most of the limo companies will give you a number to call when you get your luggage and then meet you right outside the terminal. They will usually tell you the best place to meet them

Yes, I am going down by car service on October 27th on the Gem for eleven days! They give you a number you can call when you get off the ship. I find the Manhattan pier to be easy going in and always have some type of trouble going home. This will be my sixth cruise, I hope an easy one!

Our driver told us to go upstairs and picked us up there. After going through customs there is an escalator where you can go back up and stand outside there. It was empty. We could see the tons of people down below. It worked out really well. Good luck.

you cannot be picked up at the front door of the terminal any longer. You are directed to go across the street. The porters will bring your luggage there for you. Call the car service just as you are getting thru customs. It is easier for you to wait for the car than have them wait for you. They are not allowed to park at all and will be ticketed. Police are very strict about this. Just tell the car to get you at 48th street and west side highway They will know the spot. That is also where the cab line is.

you cannot be picked up at the front door of the terminal any longer. You are directed to go across the street. The porters will bring your luggage there for you. Call the car service just as you are getting thru customs. It is easier for you to wait for the car than have them wait for you. They are not allowed to park at all and will be ticketed. Police are very strict about this. Just tell the car to get you at 48th street and west side highway They will know the spot. That is also where the cab line is.

this is how I had to do it last 3 times.(across the street)..but others are reporting pick ups at pier...SO VERY CONFUSING...!!!!!

It won't be confusing when you are directed across the West Side Highway to 12th Ave. to be picked up.

They stopped all pick ups directly in front of Pier 88 after 2010.

It's just easier anyway. That's how we did it this July. My son called his dad to pick us up as we left the terminal about 10am just off Breakaway.

Hubby picked us up on the corner of 12th Ave. and 48th(?) St. about 15 minutes later.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc