Breakaway bed location

mysweetmom

For those who have cruised on this ship before, do you prefer the bed by the balcony or nearer the cabin door? Does it make a difference?

Makes no difference to me as long as I'm on the ship. :D

But my preference is to have it near the balcony. It has the look of a larger room that way. Plus the closet is a little easier to vet into.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

But my preference is to have it near the balcony. It has the look of a larger room that way. Plus the closet is a little easier to vet into.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app[/quote

I thought it might look bigger that way. I see you're leaving on a cruise in a couple of days - have a GREAT time!

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Have a great time on your cruise! Bon voyage!

Our bed was by the balcony - with the couch near the closet. I found the sliding closet door a little cumbersome to reach the hanging part of the closet. But it wasn't nearly as bad as if the bed was there instead. I found the storage of the cabin lacking - don't get me wrong, I loved this ship, but really missed the THREE spacious, separate, non-sliding closets on Carnival ships, which run vertically facing the bathroom door.

But if all I can complain about was the closet and storage... well then it wasn't so bad now was it ;)

We were on the BA and had the bed next to the balcony. We loved it that way, gives you more space in the room and at night if you like to have the balcony door open, you will have the breeze right in your bed (just so you know if you have the balcony open the AC won't run, door needs to be closed and locked with the 2 locks, the one on the handler and the one at top, for the AC to run).

We have to upcoming cruises on the BA and I made sure I got cabins with the door next to the balcony again.

Definitely prefer the bed by the balcony. I found it too difficult to get in and out of the closet with the other set up. Plus when you first walk in the room seems so much more spacious when the bed is near the balcony as the whole front area feels more open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also wonder if people like the bed on the forward wall so your head is forward, or on the back wall so your feet are forward...Changes the feng shui of the experience!! I must need that upcoming cruise badly....

I've been on many cruises and have had the bed each way. To me it didn't make any difference. I hardly feel the ship move and half the time I forget which way we're going any way. LOL :D