Booking direct with RCI - What if the prices change?

hirobmay

Hi,

Thinking of booking a July 2015 cruise direct with RCI rather than a travel agent as prices look similar.

Last Oct I booked with Celebrity Cruises directly for a cruise we took this august, and I monitored the prices every day. In the spring the prices for balcony staterooms dropped below the price I booked against for an inside cabin, so a simple call to celebrity updated my booking to a better deal!

One TA i inquired with said they could not amend a booking in similar circumstances, with my only option being re booking, but losing my deposit, so this is not a desirable option.

Has anyone has similar experience booking with RCI in the UK?

would they easily amend my booking to better deal, should it occur?

Thanks,

Rob.

Not really sure if you book with RCI in the UK that you are allowed to upgrade to a higher category if the price drops to what you have paid.

I have booked my last cruise and my next cruise through a US TA and have had price drops on both.(over £400 on my next Cruise) As long as its before final payment, you are entitled to any price drop as long as it is not for new bookings only. You can also cancel and get your full deposit refunded.

I can't recommend a particular TA as it is against the rules, but Google may help you find the "Cruise Vacation" you would like:rolleyes: