Do People That Book A Suite Get Dining Waitlist Priority?

broadwaycam

Does Royal Caribbean sometimes only open a dining waitlist to people that book a suite? On a cruise I have booked I noticed that if you book right now in a suite the early dinging waitlist is open. If you book in any other type of room the waitlist is closed. So do they give priority to people that book a suite?

Yes if you are booked in a Grand Suite or above (not Junior Suites). You would receive an email prior to sailing requesting your dining room preferences.

I have had 3 cruises in a GS and have never received such an email. An email is sometimes sent from the Suite Concierge offering other facilities and services but dining room preferences are not one of them.

I wasn't aware that suite guests got a priority for MDR waitlist. However, I know this is listed as a perk for Diamond C&A and above.

I've noticed that if the staff sees that you have a gold card (Grand Suite and above or C&A Pinnacle), that they occasionally have a visceral reaction and might put you higher in the queue than others. Have never asked for that treatment, but have experienced it a few times. This isn't a codified perk of the suites, however.

I remember one time when my wife and I were on the Mariner walking past Chops to go to Windjammer buffet and had a staffer chase us down calling loudly for us to come into Chops for lunch. Made us a bit self-conscious, actually.

Yes, the concierge helps with these things. My brother was wait listed for my early dining (I was in a suite) and I expressed my concerns to the concierge before I boarded (with his welcome email) and it was all fixed by the time we boarded :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does Royal Caribbean sometimes only open a dining waitlist to people that book a suite? On a cruise I have booked I noticed that if you book right now in a suite the early dinging waitlist is open. If you book in any other type of room the waitlist is closed. So do they give priority to people that book a suite?

We always book a suite and have never got special treatment when it came to the dining room. But if you have any problems the concierge is always happy to help.

Edited by Jasp 0401

and yes, have had times where we asked and got what we asked for....Note, we ASKED, we did not get all pompous and demand....we ven said please (for those not familiar with the word it is intended to imply that you are grateful to someone for listening to your reqest).

We have observed those that DEMAND, and amazingly, whatever they asked for is not available. (thus my above comment).

and yes, have had times where we asked and got what we asked for....Note, we ASKED, we did not get all pompous and demand....we ven said please (for those not familiar with the word it is intended to imply that you are grateful to someone for listening to your reqest).

We have observed those that DEMAND, and amazingly, whatever they asked for is not available. (thus my above comment).

Isn't it amazing what one simple word can do !:)

I would love to hear more people say please and thankyou.It doesn't hurt to say them but they do mean a lot to the people that receive them.

We travel in suites and have gratuities prepaid. Because they are prepaid we cannot book anytime dining. We just have the concierge change it when we get on the ship.

Show up anytime with the gold card and you will be seated.:)

We have sailed twice in suites and have had no problem going online and booking our MTD times long before the concerige contacts us. I wonder why you could not do so.

Please find the email below we received from the Restaurant Operations Coordinator prior to sailing on the Adventure of the Seas.

Adventure of the Seas

Sailing date: FEBRUARY 27th 2011

Dear Guest,

My name is Alpaslan Ciplak and I am the Restaurant Operations Coordinator onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

We are excited that you have chosen Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

As a suite guest, you are offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard.

Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information.

I will be glad to take any requests for seating arrangements in the Dining Room that you might have.

Please find below list of requests considered :

* Table Size (2 top,4 top,6 top 8 top,10 top)

* Table Location ( There is no table size 2 and 4 by window)

* Dining time

* My Time Dining Option.

Kindly send your requests to me by the February 20th 2011

in order for us to accommodate your dining preferences.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Thank you and we are looking forward to delivering a memorable dining experience to you onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

Best Regards

Alpaslan Ciplak

Restaurant Operations Coordinator,

Adventure of the seas.

Office Phone 3399 Dect Phone 9016

Please find the email below we received from the Restaurant Operations Coordinator prior to sailing on the Adventure of the Seas.

Adventure of the Seas

Sailing date: FEBRUARY 27th 2011

Dear Guest,

My name is Alpaslan Ciplak and I am the Restaurant Operations Coordinator onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

We are excited that you have chosen Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

As a suite guest, you are offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard.

Upon boarding, you will receive a folder with more detailed information.

I will be glad to take any requests for seating arrangements in the Dining Room that you might have.

Please find below list of requests considered :

* Table Size (2 top,4 top,6 top 8 top,10 top)

* Table Location ( There is no table size 2 and 4 by window)

* Dining time

* My Time Dining Option.

Kindly send your requests to me by the February 20th 2011

in order for us to accommodate your dining preferences.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Thank you and we are looking forward to delivering a memorable dining experience to you onboard the Adventure of the Seas.

Best Regards

Alpaslan Ciplak

Restaurant Operations Coordinator,

Adventure of the seas.

Office Phone 3399 Dect Phone 9016

That's very interesting as we always cruise in grand suites and have never received an email from anyone but the Concierge JD on the Radiance. So I wonder if they stopped doing this back in 2011 when you received your email or is it just what some ships do.It is lovely personal touches like the email you received that make people keep coming back.

Edited by Jasp 0401