My little review of the Divina 9-6 thru 9-13

dogchopper

If you moved the life boats to another level, you'd have obstructed view cabins as you have on Carnival! I'd rather have an extra level of unobstructed cabins!

Thanks for your review, but I think if you can get another balcony at $349. compared to over a $1000. on a RCL/Carnival comparable ship, you'll be back!:eek:

The shrimp on the Divina is terrific, one night I ordered 3 for my meal! The lunch has coconut shrimp, again terrific, and I did the same there!

PS happy birthday to you both!

I totally agree about the coconut shrimp! It was great. Seems they had better food for lunch than dinner.

I see their point on the obstructed view balconies but I really hated not being able to see out those gorgeous windows... And if I book an obstructed few balcony, as long as I know it's obstructed, I'm ok with it. I'd be upset if I paid for one and wasn't told it was obstructed though.

.Not necessarily true.

Carnival has number of cruises in the $400-$430 balcony range in the next few months.

In addition, many of us took inside guarantee and got upgraded.

on September 6th Divina… There was a 48 hour balcony guarantee plus $100 future cruise certificate for $299. Rarely was anyone talking to the future cruise consultants. On most ships there is always a line for future cruises.

I agree with you there. I don't usually book balconies but sometimes get upgraded to them (as I did on this cruise) and I don't see me going on another one of the 'European style cruises' I think it's just not my cup o tea :)

"Iagree with you there. I don't usually book balconies but sometimes get

upgraded to them (as I did on this cruise) and I don't see me going on another one of the 'European style cruises' I think it's just not my cup o tea "

sounds like you know what works best for you, enjoy whatever cruise you book. I have never been upgraded ion all my cruises, you must be lucky!

upgraded to them (as I did on this cruise) and I don't see me going on another one of the 'European style cruises' I think it's just not my cup o tea "

sounds like you know what works best for you, enjoy whatever cruise you book. I have never been upgraded ion all my cruises, you must be lucky!

Alex,,I think they may have booked under the "Bingo" promotion. Book an interior stateroom and have the chance to be upgraded to a balcony stateroom at no extra cost.

I booked my cruise on the divina back in April and booked an inside at 269.00, at that time the balconies were about 450 bucks, but in July they had a special for 349.00 and I upgraded and paid the difference. I didn't get a free upgrade.. That would of been nice.

Thanks for your review dogchopper.

That being said, as soon as i read that you loved every Carnival cruise you've been on I knew your review of the Divina was going to be a bad one. Funny, the one thing we disliked the most on Carnival was the food in the MDR, on

two different cruises.

Glad to hear that the Divina is beautiful, the staff was great and the shows were very entertaining.

Thanks again for your review.

If you moved the life boats to another level, you'd have obstructed view cabins as you have on Carnival! I'd rather have an extra level of unobstructed cabins!

Thanks for your review, but I think if you can get another balcony at $349. compared to over a $1000. on a RCL/Carnival comparable ship, you'll be back!:eek:

The shrimp on the Divina is terrific, one night I ordered 3 for my meal! The lunch has coconut shrimp, again terrific, and I did the same there!

PS happy birthday to you both!

Ah the coconut shrimp. Every time they had that at lunch on our 21 days I ordered two and got Mr Moo to order some even though he doesn't eat it (more for me!)

From my ipad

I enjoyed your review. Lot of the things mentioned I don't think would bother me either. My sister on the other hand may be bored to death. Mostly on cruises we might go to a drink tasting, maybe play a little trivia, swim, hot tubs, then we take along cards to play, etc. I will watch the shows in the evening and I think my dad and my husband are always ready to eat.

I am not looking for a huge amount of activities. I like good shows, but I am all for just hanging out relaxing for the afternoon on sea days.

As for their pasta, I really am not a pasta fan, so I doubt I will order any of those dishes. I have also been told people rarely seem to venture to the back of the buffet and that there was usually lots of seating there. My mom went by herself back in May she says people were crowded in the front, but never seemed to venture fully into the buffet and she always found plenty of seats in the back.

We booked a balcony cabin, which I think was a decent price. Slightly higher than others have mentioned getting trips for. Though if watching we can get good prices on lots of other trips. We did NCL once in an inside for $250 pp and I just did a Carnival in an OV for $300 pp.

I have been upgraded at no cost on 2 cruises. Once on NCL from an oceanview to a balcony and the same on Disney - we booked an OV and received a balcony. I have been offered upsells also on Carnival, Princess and NCL.

Thanks for your review dogchopper.

That being said, as soon as i read that you loved every Carnival cruise you've been on I knew your review of the Divina was going to be a bad one. Funny, the one thing we disliked the most on Carnival was the food in the MDR, on

two different cruises.

Glad to hear that the Divina is beautiful, the staff was great and the shows were very entertaining.

Thanks again for your review.

Yep, great shows!! And the staff everywhere was great!!

I guess that's why they have many different cruise ship companies, everyone has different tastes.

I was also on this sailing. The Prime Rib was a bit of a dissappointment, however every pasta dish I had was very tasty. I did not have the lasagne. As far as entertainment, I felt there was plenty to do. We listen to music in several venues. The buffet had a lot to choose from. Yes it was busy, but we always found seating inside or ouside. Service was great staff was friendly. As far as Premiere Parking, there are several different lots. We were in a garage in NE 2nd Ave. We waited 15 mins for the shuttle when we got off the ship. I will sail Divina again and park at Premiere. We had a great time, sorry you didn't enjoy yourself.

I was also on this sailing. The Prime Rib was a bit of a dissappointment, however every pasta dish I had was very tasty. I did not have the lasagne. As far as entertainment, I felt there was plenty to do. We listen to music in several venues. The buffet had a lot to choose from. Yes it was busy, but we always found seating inside or ouside. Service was great staff was friendly. As far as Premiere Parking, there are several different lots. We were in a garage in NE 2nd Ave. We waited 15 mins for the shuttle when we got off the ship. I will sail Divina again and park at Premiere. We had a great time, sorry you didn't enjoy yourself.

Oh I did enjoy myself. And, I did like the pasta, it was the other dishes that were not so good. I didn't have the lasagna but I tasted my husbands and it want good.

It wasn't a BAD cruise, just not my style of cruising I guess.

As for premiere parking, we got off the ship at 7 and they said they'd be there at 7:30, we got a ride at 7:50. That was aggravating because other shuttle buses were there at 7 and left and came back 2 and 3 times before ours showed up.. but again, for the price of parking there instead of at the pier, it was worth the wait.

Edited by dogchopper

.Not necessarily true.

Carnival has number of cruises in the $400-$430 balcony range in the next few months.

In addition, many of us took inside guarantee and got upgraded.

on September 6th Divina… There was a 48 hour balcony guarantee plus $100 future cruise certificate for $299. Rarely was anyone talking to the future cruise consultants. On most ships there is always a line for future cruises.

It was true for our cruise, which is what I said!

The Divina's balconies are almost always less!

At this moment I'm writing, one internet cruise site has,,,,

Divina 9/27 for $299. gty. balcony!:eek:

Divina 10/18 for $329. gty balcony!:eek:

And Divina's drink prices are lower!

The least expensive Carnival balcony for 7 days currently is in the $400. plus range you mentioned!

We're platnum club members on Carnival so we don't have an ax to grind against Carnival, its just not as good a deal at this time considering what you get for what you pay!:)

It was true for our cruise, which is what I said!

The Divina's balconies are almost always less!

At this moment I'm writing, one internet cruise site has,,,,

Divina 9/27 for $299. gty. balcony!:eek:

Divina 10/18 for $329. gty balcony!:eek:

And Divina's drink prices are lower!

The least expensive Carnival balcony for 7 days currently is in the $400. plus range you mentioned!

We're platnum club members on Carnival so we don't have an ax to grind against Carnival, its just not as good a deal at this time considering what you get for what you pay!:)

Yeah I agree the price is awesome!, that's why I can't really complain. I preferred carnival but you can't best the price that's for sure!

It's Charlie and Barbara and we had a blast!!! Is this Toni???

I'm sorry you didn't like it better. That's disappointing to hear, at least I know now to avoid the lasagna. I hope I enjoy it better, will write my review when I get back.

Hi.... I disagree with everyone that said that the food in the MDR was not good.... I sailed on her in December....and i thought that the food was delicious... As far as the Lasagna....it was fabulous... I loved it so much i had 2 helpings of it...

As far as the cruise....i had a wonderful time...loved all the shows...every show had a standing ovation.... entertainment and theme parties a blast.... the stateroom i had an inside cabin....as this cruise i was on was only a short 3 night cruise...but for one person, it was just fine....room was very comfortable... we went to Nassau and Half Moon Cay....had beautiful weather..and a great time...

A matter of fact, i will be on the Divina again in just two more weeks...October 4th is my date... I am looking forward to going onboard again....going to the Eastern Caribbean... this time a 7 night cruise...in a balcony cabin.... I am on Social Security....so i go for the relazation....and to enjoy mysself at the different ports....

I find the ship to be absolutely beautiful...and clean, clean, clean!!! And for those people who just like to get on this site to give their bad reviews about this ship.... i completely disagree with all of you.... This ship as i said is a beautful ship, with a nice mediterrean feel....and i like the European feel of the ship.... I hope that they keep the european feel of the ship....This line is a family owned company.....with no stockholders...or CEO's....so basically they can do whatever and run the ship however they feel....Remember this ship is a European Ship based out of Italy... so you are not going to get an rowdiness of people... If you were not pleased with the cruise....then please stay with CCL, RCCL, or NCL..... and stop bad mouthing the line.... Remember, every line has their floors!!!!!

Hi.... I disagree with everyone that said that the food in the MDR was not good.... I sailed on her in December....and i thought that the food was delicious... As far as the Lasagna....it was fabulous... I loved it so much i had 2 helpings of it...

As far as the cruise....i had a wonderful time...loved all the shows...every show had a standing ovation.... entertainment and theme parties a blast.... the stateroom i had an inside cabin....as this cruise i was on was only a short 3 night cruise...but for one person, it was just fine....room was very comfortable... we went to Nassau and Half Moon Cay....had beautiful weather..and a great time...

A matter of fact, i will be on the Divina again in just two more weeks...October 4th is my date... I am looking forward to going onboard again....going to the Eastern Caribbean... this time a 7 night cruise...in a balcony cabin.... I am on Social Security....so i go for the relazation....and to enjoy mysself at the different ports....

I find the ship to be absolutely beautiful...and clean, clean, clean!!! And for those people who just like to get on this site to give their bad reviews about this ship.... i completely disagree with all of you.... This ship as i said is a beautful ship, with a nice mediterrean feel....and i like the European feel of the ship.... I hope that they keep the european feel of the ship....This line is a family owned company.....with no stockholders...or CEO's....so basically they can do whatever and run the ship however they feel....Remember this ship is a European Ship based out of Italy... so you are not going to get an rowdiness of people... If you were not pleased with the cruise....then please stay with CCL, RCCL, or NCL..... and stop bad mouthing the line.... Remember, every line has their floors!!!!!

Totally agree and I also loved the lasagna. Enjoy your next cruise.

Ok, NOW I have to try it and see what all the fuss is about.

Maybe I'll start an "I hated/loved the lasagna" thread when i get back.:D

First it was the bacon debate, now it's lasagna ...

Funny! I really think they just overlooked the lasagna because it was mushy, and I thought that was odd because all the other pasta was more undercooked... And before I upset everyone about that comment, I actually like my pasta that way and have learned that Italians cook pasta a bit differently than us tacky Americans do (just like bacon)

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the food.

Your welcome . I see many people who ask hoe this cruise compares to a carnival or royal Caribbean cruise and I figured that since I'm a big carnival fan I'd tell people what my thoughts on the differences were. :)