Question on the NCL Unlimited Dining Package

csaeroach

We just booked the NCL Breakaway Oct 5th sailing and looking at purchasing the Unlimited Dining Package for $119 for the entire cruise. I am just wondering if anyone could be so kind to explain how this works when purchasing it online. If I purchase now online do I need to purchase it first and then go back into reservations to reserve each restaurant after I make the purchase, or do you do it all in one transaction? Just unsure how I reserve all our dining now? Or is this even possible to do online before you leave home? I do not want to miss out on any dining times, as I have read that waiting until you board the ship sometimes its very difficult to get the times and restaurants you want?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I cannot seem to find any posts explaining how it works.

thanks so much!

Hi I was on the getaway a couple months ago. I got the ultimate dining package with my reservation so I'm not sure if you could do it in one transaction. But I was able to make my dining reservations online before we left and it showed no charge. I would definitely recommend doing it before hand so you could have the dining times that you want. You can always switch them before you leave if you change your mind or once on board

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are also on the October 5th sailing! Join our roll call. :D

I purchased the ultimate dining package online well before we were able to make reservations (90 days I'm advance). Once we were able to we booked dinners for the days we wanted. You don't have to make reservations in advance if you don't want to, but I do suggest that you make your reservations for the Cirque Dreams show for the first day ASAP (its 'free' with the UDP on the first day). We're booked for the 8:30 show.

I booked the UDP for my upcoming Dawn Cruise. I went on line to book the specialty dining and the only times available were 8pm and later. If you have that problem just call NCL directly, the rep was able to get me the times I wanted.

Thanks everyone for your help. I purchased the packages tonight and was immediately able to book all our dining, and for only 20 days out before sailaway, was able to get all the times and restaurants for each night that we wanted, so I am very impressed :D