Marina Forward Balcony Cabins

andrek

I am looking at a cabin on the Marina, 7th deck and it looks like the forward cabins have larger balconies. Is this true? Do you feel more movement in Polynesia in the front cabins.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrea

I am looking at a cabin on the Marina, 7th deck and it looks like the forward cabins have larger balconies. Is this true? Do you feel more movement in Polynesia in the front cabins.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrea

b_151539.jpg

Yes, there are cabins at the front and the rear of Deck 7 with what we on Cruise Critic have come to call "extended verandas". Whereas a standard veranda is about four feet in depth (from the outer cabin door to the veranda railing), the extended verandas are about 15 feet deep.

b_125332.jpg

In this photograph of the Marina's sister ship Riviera, the blue line runs at the level of the floor of Deck 7.

I spent 34 days , 14 in French Polynesa ( Polynesa extends north to Hawaii and south to the Tumoutouas and west to the Cooks.)

been there 5 times Nov, Dec, April May it is a lake flat as it comes... picture a bathtub with palms. Jan to April not so much that's cycone season plus March and Feb are the hottest and rainiest. Lived in the region for 10 years. November and late April, from experience are the best times.

You feel no more motion than any other cabin... and its the Pacific

That said, of all the cabins I have had 7009 the extended B-3 with the diagonal balcony can accommodate 2 chairs. a table, and 2 chase lounges with room to spare.

It is the most wind sheltered and has the best view.. as it extents some 10 ft out past all other verandas and provides almost 100 sq ft . You have the same view as the bridge aft. The same does NOT hold for the B-3's more forward or aft... There are only 2 cabins like this on the whole friggen ship...grab one

I would not trade it for a penthouse...

Edited by Hawaiidan
addition