Celebrity Solstice March 14, 2015 - Anyone else???

3DogDay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey 3 Dog,

We will also be on this cruise and very much looking forward to it. Sailed on the same ship last Xmas and loved it so shout out if you have any questions about the ship.

We are from Melbourne, where r u guys from ?

Cheers, D & D

• 1 month later...

Hi Kiwi - I had just about given up on this and figured we would be the lone travelers. Now I'm glad a checked. We're coming in from Columbus, Ohio. We were on the Reflection a year and a half ago, and from what I understand this ship is very similar. I can't believe it's only 95 days aways (less the day and half it will take to get there). Looking forward to meeting you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey 3 Dog,

Good to see you are still onboard ;-)

Very much looking forward to our cruise and counting the days. Summer has arrived downunder so hopefully you will have some nice warm weather when you arrive. Certain to be warmer than Columbus in any event.

Are you planning any travel when you get to Australia or are you just coming for the cruise?

Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers D & D

Hello again!

Hope you enjoyed the holiday(s). We're flying into Sydney the day before the cruise and staying for 3 days after we return. I figured that we could rent a car to see what's outside of Sydney, although the whole left lane driving might be a bit of a challenge - I've done it in the Caribbean but in left driver side configured vehicles. Any suggestions on what we shouldn't miss while we're there? Will you be staying for a while or going home right away?

The weather there will HAVE to be better than here. March is our transition month here, and it can literally be warm enough to put the top down on a convertible one day and then you'll be knee high in snow the next. I've spent St. Patrick's Day wearing shorts one year and wearing a parka the next. It usually stays fairly comfortable there even into the winter, right?

Well, only 77 more days - or 76 in your case 😊. If we aren't in touch before then, have a Happy and Safe New Year.

Take care!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I will also be on the Celebrity Solstice 14th March Cruise,we're in our mid 40's,and love cruising.We can't wait,we hope

to catch up with you all. Only 7 weeks,6 days(55 days),but who's

counting :), Julie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if any of the locals who have responded to this thread are still paying any attention, but if you are, I have a question. I've been reading that we will be sailing toward the end of cyclone season. Are these very common, and if so should we be worried?

Thanks Julie, that's good to know. Over here it's a known fact that if you cruise the Caribbean in the months of August and September you do so during the height of hurricane season. I've done that twice, and once we had the hurricane follow us back to port, and the second time it hit Miami, and we had to stay out at sea for an extra three days (and then we couldn't get a flight home for another two days!). So from then on we've only cruised the Caribbean in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julie - My partner and I are from Columbus Ohio in the US. We're in cabin 1030 on deck 10. Where are you from and on what deck are you staying?

We booked this trip back in August, and it seemed like it would be forever before the day would get here. Now it's hard to believe it's only a matter of days.

Hi 3DogDay, we're on deck 11, cabin 1622. We booked this cruise February 2014(13 months ago), only 7 days to go. We're from Sydney. We try and go on

at least 1 cruise each year. What's your name? We should catch up for a drink. Julie

Hi 3DodDay/Rachie04, I can't wait, bring it on,what cabins,deck are you on, and where are you from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi jul33m, hubby n i are from perth and we are staying in a s2 sky suite on deck 12 :)

Hey guys, we too are on this cruise. Looks like we may be in for some rough sea's tough as there is a cyclone forming near Fiji. No doubt they will cancel one or more of our stops as they have done today with the voyager of the sea's.