Any way to prebook speciality restaurants with OBC?

Pockymuncher

Hi,

We have a cruise on the dawn on Oct 24th and also $100 OBC. I wanted to pre-book a specialty restaurant but I noticed if I try to do it online it asks for my credit card. Is there any way to make a reservation without pre-paying? Anyone know?

I don't think so. I'm dealing with the same. But maybe a more seasoned cruiser knows a way around it. Enjoy your cruise.

If you have other things to spend your OBC on, make your specialty restaurant reservation now. I have to say that I just got off the BA and had no trouble making reservations for the dates and times I wanted as soon as I got on board. If you don't use your OBC you will lose it since NCL will not put it back on your credit card as some lines do.

If you don't use your OBC you will lose it since NCL will not put it back on your credit card as some lines do.

NCL is like other cruise lines, there are two kinds of OBC, refundable and non-refundable. You will get OBC paid with actual money refunded to you also with NCL, maybe that is what has happened to you with "some lines".

On princess you just reserve stuff ahead of time including excursions etc and pay on board using Obc or whatever

NCL did that earlier but because of people making all bookings free of charge "just in case" and then cancelling them at will they discontinued that practice.

I know this is Ncl but just offering up the info

How about the menu of Arby's to a Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehan's discussion too, that's as relevant as Princess info as an answer to a NCL question? ;)

Edited by Demonyte

NCL is like other cruise lines, there are two kinds of OBC, refundable and non-refundable. You will get OBC paid with actual money refunded to you also with NCL, maybe that is what has happened to you with "some lines".

You're right. On NCL our OBC was divided up into one nonrefundable and one refundable account. When we got onboard we tried to prepay our tips from the nonrefundable account but were told it wasn't allowed. Therefore our refundable account was used for tips and the nonrefundable had to be used on the ship. On another cruise line, we never used any of the OBC and it all went back on our credit card.

NCL did that earlier but because of people making all bookings free of charge "just in case" and then cancelling them at will they discontinued that practice.

How about the menu of Arby's to a Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehan's discussion too, that's as relevant as Princess info as an answer to a NCL question? ;)

Feel better now? Good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

We have a cruise on the dawn on Oct 24th and also $100 OBC. I wanted to pre-book a specialty restaurant but I noticed if I try to do it online it asks for my credit card. Is there any way to make a reservation without pre-paying? Anyone know?

The other posters are correct, you cannot rebook and use OBC to pay. In a related situation, "comped" dinners (example, LeBistro dinner for a Platinum latitudes) also cannot be prebooked. We are in a suite, and when I contacted the precruise concierge to reserve LeBistro for our anniversary dinner (the day we embark, also October 24) I was told that it could not be booked without putting it on a credit card.

Pockymuncher, come join ur roll call. We have a small, but active group.