RICLOP, I need some info, fast!!!!

camofwilliamsburg

I posted this on cruisetails thread but was afraid maybe you would not see it .... so I am asking you this again here.... and thanks.....

RICLOP, I need you.... I see you are on....

pls answer me....

I just played on a site that allows me to see open cabins.

For the first cruise I am now in 11048 which is more forward than I like but it is not the horrible 10066 that you warned me about.

For the b2b I will have to move to a great mid ship inside, 11145.

BUT, i found that cabin 11048 is also open for the second cruise.

SO, do I stay in that cabin even though it is very forward but we do not need to pack and move , or move to the mid ship one? If we move, we need to be out of the cabin early and cannot get into our new cabin until later... or do we talk to the new cabin steward and have him make up the mid ship cabin first so we can move in without having all of our luggage for hours.

What would you do??? And why... to make things clear.

What outweighs what? The location or the convenience of staying in the same cabin.

HELP PLS!!

I posted this on cruisetails thread but was afraid maybe you would not see it .... so I am asking you this again here.... and thanks.....

RICLOP, I need you.... I see you are on....

pls answer me....

I just played on a site that allows me to see open cabins.

For the first cruise I am now in 11048 which is more forward than I like but it is not the horrible 10066 that you warned me about.

For the b2b I will have to move to a great mid ship inside, 11145.

BUT, i found that cabin 11048 is also open for the second cruise.

SO, do I stay in that cabin even though it is very forward but we do not need to pack and move , or move to the mid ship one? If we move, we need to be out of the cabin early and cannot get into our new cabin until later... or do we talk to the new cabin steward and have him make up the mid ship cabin first so we can move in without having all of our luggage for hours.

What would you do??? And why... to make things clear.

What outweighs what? The location or the convenience of staying in the same cabin.

HELP PLS!!

Hi Cam first of all did you find out the sq ft of 11048 because a lot of those cabins are 138 sq ft and I know 11145 is 167 sq ft. 11145 is in a great location and its in its own little hallway just 5 rooms. You can always get the steward to help you because they did it for me on the Poesia. Sorry I don't have the measurements of 11048 but find out because 138 sq ft is very small.

Edited by riclop

That is the point, but not sure if I like being that far forward. In case of good weather it is nothing to worry about. SO I can be positive and hope for good weather. The convenience of staying in one cabin is great, as long as the cabin is a good one.

Camo,,we stayed in 16008 which just about as far forward as you can get, and we hardly felt any motion at all. The Caribbean is relatively smooth right now and Divina's stabilizers do a very good job controlling the roll of the ship. I would definitely secure the same stateroom for both legs of your b2b. :)

That is the point, but not sure if I like being that far forward. In case of good weather it is nothing to worry about. SO I can be positive and hope for good weather. The convenience of staying in one cabin is great, as long as the cabin is a good one.

The cabin is fine, but it comes down to do you get sea sickness easily. If so then move as close to the middle as possible. If you are already stuck with having this cabin the first leg of your cruise then keep it for the second.

Keep positive for good weather too. I just did the TA to Barcelona and we had the calmest seas ever trough out the trip. So you never know what you will get.

UGH, yes I am prone to sea sickness, but with ginger I can be fine if it is not violent seas. The size of the cabin that riclop mentioned is important.

WE already know that cabin 11145 is the larger of the inside cabins.

Does anyone know what the size of the 11048 is?

I guess I need to wait anyways to call my TA tomorrow. I will ask him to find out.

If it is the smaller, then I will move for sure. If it is the same size, I guess I will stay and not have to move.

If I do move, I have to be out of one cabin early and cannot get into the new cabin until later. I know I can talk to the cabin steward and have him make up the room first...but does my old cabin steward store the luggage to be moved?

Riclop: You bring up a great point about the size of the cabin. I wrote to the TA already asking him to find out. If they are the same size, what would you do based on location?

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

UGH, yes I am prone to sea sickness, but with ginger I can be fine if it is not violent seas. The size of the cabin that riclop mentioned is important.

WE already know that cabin 11145 is the larger of the inside cabins.

Does anyone know what the size of the 11048 is?

I guess I need to wait anyways to call my TA tomorrow. I will ask him to find out.

If it is the smaller, then I will move for sure. If it is the same size, I guess I will stay and not have to move.

If I do move, I have to be out of one cabin early and cannot get into the new cabin until later. I know I can talk to the cabin steward and have him make up the room first...but does my old cabin steward store the luggage to be moved?

Cam you can call MSC yourself and ask them to look it up on there computer. Sometimes they will tell a TA anything to get rid of them, I know because it happened to me with the Divina because they have 3 different sizes of inside rooms.

I see. Ok, I will have to do this. Thanks. So if it is the same size, what would you do, based on location or convenience?

Based on location and convenience 11145 but if you have a lot of luggage and don't want to move than stay put. When I moved on the Poesia the steward moved our stuff on his cart to the new room and it was also on another floor . Just see what the room sizes are than decide. Good luck.

Hi Cam first of all did you find out the sq ft of 11048 because a lot of those cabins are 138 sq ft and I know 11145 is 167 sq ft. 11145 is in a great location and its in its own little hallway just 5 rooms. You can always get the steward to help you because they did it for me on the Poesia. Sorry I don't have the measurements of 11048 but find out because 138 sq ft is very small.

riclop, could you please tell us where did you get these numbers??:eek:

138 sq ft is a Small Inside on the Hump - never a Standard Inside!

Edited by cruisetrail

Thanks cruisetrail. Riclop said that 11145 is 167 sq ft. IS 11048 191 sq ft ? Now i am confused.

The mid ship one is a square inside I2 category in a hall of its own, which is neither here nor there for me. It is the idea of mid ship which was a good location.

So, we will have one suitcase each plus one carry on each. No biggie to take the hangers from one room and switch it, and dump the stuff into one suitcase and pack and repack if I have to.

So what would you do?

Thanks cruisetrail. Riclop said that 11145 is 167 sq ft. IS 11048 191 sq ft ? Now i am confused.

The mid ship one is a square inside I2 category in a hall of its own, which is neither here nor there for me. It is the idea of mid ship which was a good location.

So, we will have one suitcase each plus one carry on each. No biggie to take the hangers from one room and switch it, and dump the stuff into one suitcase and pack and repack if I have to.

So what would you do?

No Cam only the standard balcony is 191 sq ft.

So what would you do?

It all depends on the room size of 11048 if its small I would definitely move.

riclop, could you please tell us where did you get these numbers??:eek:

138 sq ft is a Small Inside on the Hump - never a Standard Inside!

I have been in 11145 and 11149 and they are 167 sq ft. Have you been on the ship??????? despite all your pictures with on one on the ship.

Cruisetrail: Since you saw all the cabins for the pictures, do you prefer standard ( 11048) versus square (11145).

So, according to your info, 11048 is 191 sq feet which makes it a standard inside cabin.

Do you know what the square ones are?That being cabin 11048 in the mid ship area. Riclop stayed in that cabin and stated it is 167 sq ft.

I now have to find out if this cabin will still be avail in the morning.

If not, all is lost.

Thanks for all the clarification.

I will check with you tomorrow on this post. If you find out any info I will check it in the morning.

Good night and again, thanks for the info.

Cruisetrail: Since you saw all the cabins for the pictures, do you prefer standard ( 11048) versus square (11145).

So, according to your info, 11048 is 191 sq feet which makes it a standard inside cabin.

Do you know what the square ones are?That being cabin 11048 in the mid ship area. Riclop stayed in that cabin and stated it is 167 sq ft.

I now have to find out if this cabin will still be avail in the morning.

If not, all is lost.

Thanks for all the clarification.

camofwilliamsburg,

Let's do it this way.

Very easy.

Please look at the diagram Page 5 > Post #88 (The "Puzze")

The diagram is based on MSC Divina Deck plans that are quite accurate in cabin shapes and sizes but of course are not 100% precise.

But they give very good idea of what is what in comparison - roughly.

Standard Balcony (10157) is ~191 sq ft (confirmed)

Standard Inside (5014) is smaller (shorter) - so it's not 191 sq ft

Small Inside on the Hump (8209) - is ~138 sq ft (confirmed)

So you can see that Standard inside (your 11048) and Square Shaped Inside (your 11145) are somewhere between 138 and 191.

It can be 167, can be 166 - not a big deal.

What is important - 11145 is a bit larger in footage and due to square shape seems to have "more volume". This is typical for square rooms vs longer and narrower ones.

That's about sizes.

There are photos in my review - please take a look, compare furniture, closets...

Location - it's up to you.

I posted my opinion: I would stay in 11048.

It's a good inside cabin, pretty normal for cruise ships.

Have peace of mind and enjoy your turnaround day.

If yuo really want to move, it's not a big deal either.:)

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by cruisetrail

camofwilliamsburg,

Let's do it this way.

Very easy.

The diagram is based on MSC Divina Deck plans that are quite accurate in cabin shapes and sizes but of course are not 100% precise.

So you can see that Standard inside (your 11048) and Square Shaped Inside (your 11145) are somewhere between 138 and 191.

What is important - 11145 is a bit larger in footage and due to square shape seems to have "more volume". This is typical for square rooms vs longer and narrower ones.

That's about sizes.

There are photos in my review - please take a look, compare furniture, closets...

Enjoy your cruise!

Carl will only be further confused by the lack of details this way. Also the advice seems ad hoc. Did you stay in 11408 or not? If not way to many things could cause an actual occupier to not recommend this cabin. Guessing is not the way to answer a specific cabin info request.

camofwilliamsburg,

Let's do it this way.

Very easy.

That's about sizes.

Enjoy your cruise!

Inside cabins are 138 - 172 sq ft and NOT 138 to 191 sq ft

The exception being the Accesible "H" cabins which are 218 sq ft

Edited by Skier52

I've done a B2B, I'd say stay in the same cabin. Why make it more difficult?

As for cabin location, in my opinion that's overrated. I've stayed in various locations on various ships. People get so paranoid and freaked out about the motion. I've been on a couple of cruises where the MDR was like a ghost town

and passengers and crew were sick from the rocking and rolling. That's the only kind of "motion" I worry about.

The truest measurement for the cabin was RICLOP. I have always appreciated his opinion, and have appreciated all the help here.

Cruisetrail, I did read all of your post as you were writing it, but it was overwhelming me at the time last night.

The measurements are 169 sq ft for both the square cabin 11145 and the long one, 11048. Based on that, I asked MSC to hold it and wait for my TA to come in. Very graciously, they just made the switch for me and informed my TA.

Thanks once again.

-Cori

Standard Inside is about 170 sq ft, not 191 sq ft - that is Standard Balcony cabin.

Well this is a quote of a line from your post and clearly you state that insides are betwen 138 and 191

Pete

Pete, Yes I knew it feel in a range, but like Riclop stated, do not move until you find out the measurements. Did not want to go to one of the smaller ones.

Everyone was very helpful in helping me to make a decision.

IF it was overwhelmingly said that the mid ship square cabin was so much better cabin and location to outweigh the packing up and moving, I would have moved. It just means that on the b2b day it is not as relaxed.

Now I am still hoping for a nice upgrade after all of that to a different category which I have gotten often. So it may mean moving to another cabin anyways for one or both. If I get a chance at a balcony upgrade, I will take it, as long as it is not an adjoining cabin or a cabin way forward or way aft.